Can keeping your memory key in the same pocket as your mobile phone have an effect on your memory key?
ie can you lose any saved data like you would if you put a floppy disk/credit card etc near a strong magnet..

I haven't heard of this happening to anyone, but the idea seems like it could be plausible (PS i have no real knowledge of electronics, FYI)
memory key...? is that a memory stick?

if it is, then no, your phone is safe, as are your credit cards. however, those little things they use to take the tags off clothes in shops are NOT good for phones/credit cards, as they are strongly magnetic.

edit: oops, wrong way round. still, same thing applies - your memory thingy will be fine.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
You are fine, the only thing I could see is if your memory device uses a hard drive and it is exposed to a VERY strong magnet. Neither of these happen with a memory stick and a cell phone.
In a full on duel, where each combatent is allowed to choose their own weapons and the battle takes place in a generic roman arena

I think the phone would win