does anyone know the average studio musician salary?
Quote by Dan Steinman
You know you are a guitar player when the kids in the elementary school band can read sheet music better than you
All depends on who you play for and how much you play. The best ones make millions of dollars a year. "Average " ones have other jobs on the side ussually to keep a steady amount of income coming in. You have to be good to make the money in that.
some make alot, most make nothing.
Cream fan club member #11.
Quote by Devon_555
All depends on who you play for and how much you play. The best ones make millions of dollars a year. "Average " ones have other jobs on the side ussually to keep a steady amount of income coming in. You have to be good to make the money in that.

oh i know, I'm still in school now so it doesn't matter, but once i decide what i want to do, I commit myself fully. I've been playing saxophone for 5 1/2 years or so now, I"m going to All Area tryouts saturday, and hope to place high enough for All State. It shouldn't be hard, I'm going on the bari sax, b/c for some reason I got really nervous in the Alto room, which is the only room i really cared about, but i guess state on bari would be cool too. I haven't decided yet, right now my other idea is something in the medical field, probably an anesthesiologist, they make lots of money, but it takes so long to get there, and their hours suck from what i hear, especially during residency...
But thanks for the comments.
Quote by Dan Steinman
You know you are a guitar player when the kids in the elementary school band can read sheet music better than you
not much. if you take the musician route you are likiley to spend much of your younger years in a cheap appartment, while holding down multiple jobs.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.