Page 1 of 2
Well, I've been in a band for about 5 months and we are pretty good. Are first gig (school thing) is coming up in March. Well we didn't have a lead singer until today, the bassist and I took turns at practices.

Anyway, I really don't want this girl to be our singer. I sort of think of her as a best friend but she is one the the most orrible people I know in retrospect.

When me and the bassist showed her our first song about 4 months ago all she said was "Shit". Then she tells the bassist we will never go anywhere and that we suck. But she was a friend so we got over it.

Now she's fallen out with her "cool" friends so she starts hanging with the bassist and I more. Now the bassist is in love with her. Seriously, IN LOVE. So today when she was being moody saying friends are pointless, (BTW they all because she did something to upset them all). So she asks the bassist to be the singer and he says yes with out consulting me or the drummer at all.

Now, here are the reasons she wants to sing (from the horse's mouth):

"So I'll be known around school"
"So I can be at the front"
"So I can be like Brian Molko"

The drummer doesn't really care.

My dream is to be in a band and her's isn't. She just wants to be popular. I mean, for a few hours a week I go to band practice and forget everything (things aren't good at home or school) and if she's there she will totally kill it for me, flirting with the basst and drummer non-stop and pushing the original band into the background. I love this band and reaslly don't want to quit What can I do?
#20 Ramones Worshipper RAMONES. PM hardrock1315 to join.
I seriously want to but I think the bassist will follow and I want the original band to stay together.
Talk to the drummer and bassist about this. If they agree with you, then kick your new singer out of the band. If they don't want her out, then they probably aren't worth having around in a band. If they give up a possible life of music for a poser bitch, then they aren't worth the air.
learn to be deadly accurate throwin a pick

then buy a diamond edged one

and oddjob her ass but in a guitar sense!!!
^Metallica has taught those two alot about life.

Kick her out before the situation gets out of hand, but talk to your bassist about it first.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Quote by Kutanmoogle
^Metallica has taught those two alot about life.

Kick her out before the situation gets out of hand, but talk to your bassist about it first.

whats wrong with metallica
I would get rid of her man, unless she can actually sing... then keep her for the gig then give her the boot.

And tell your bassist to grow some balls man, and start thinking about the band.
New Demos (Oct. 11)

Dropoutoflifewithbonginhand
followthesmoke
towardtherifffilledland

Gear:
Vantage Mystery model Electric Guitar
Peavy TNT 115 Mid 80's model USA
Russian Big Muff
Ibanez 5 string
Tell her that shes a bitch and she can do the following to become popular:

A) Blow every guy on the Football and/or Basketball team.
B) Kill herself in some grusome way, everyone will go "RIP <Insert name> and pretend to know and like her.
C) See plan A
D) If all else fails....

Butsecks?
yeah, kick her out, shes a bitch from what uve said, and if u try to do it lightly then she'll wriggle out of it and still think shes in the band. I too have my bands first gig coming up in March and the bassist, hes amazing, but he seems a bit absent alot of the time so im not sure what to do, seems entusaistc enough i supppose, but yweah talk to the bassist, and if he wants to do hte bst for the band he will understand
PSN: Noverion
Quote by Devon_555
Tell her that shes a bitch and she can do the following to become popular:

A) Blow every guy on the Football and/or Basketball team.
B) Kill herself in some grusome way, everyone will go "RIP <Insert name> and pretend to know and like her.
C) See plan A
D) If all else fails....

Butsecks?

God, as if she'd do something twice.
Quote by CrEePiNgDeAtH66
whats wrong with metallica

I saw that you and that other guy had the same icon, so I was trying to refer to that.

Don't get me wrong, Metallica's pretty cool, but my post would've made more sense had 5 other people not posted at the exact same time.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Inter-band relationships are a no no.
I am the Master of Puppies

Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
Line 6 Sp III 30
Ibanez jumpstart (black)
Ibanez toneblaster (small amp)
Digitech RP80 Guitar Workstation
^ They aren't going out, he's just completely obsessed. And she's so digustingly mean to him too.
Tell the bassist he's a jackass who just wants some weekend pussy and start a better band with the drummer.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

If I can't masturbate to childrens cartoons then this country isn't great.
You know, I'm thinking of saying "Either she goes or I go" and see what happens.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
I saw that you and that other guy had the same icon, so I was trying to refer to that.

Don't get me wrong, Metallica's pretty cool, but my post would've made more sense had 5 other people not posted at the exact same time.

oh right lol cool
Quote by G.I.R.L
You know, I'm thinking of saying "Either she goes or I go" and see what happens.

if you say that its most likely you that will be going cos you made them pick
^ I don't care. It shows what sort of friends they are if they pick her. I've known them both longer (I've even known the girl longer then they have too). Let's see how far they get without a fucking guitarist.
Not where I live. There are like 3 guitarists and believe me, I'm the only one who would play with them.
Nah, we just live in a really small village. I love this band so damn much though. It's going to go tits up, I know it.
Fuck me, if it were that simple she'd have quit and moved away by now.
the quicker you get rid of her the better
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
lol craig ¬_¬
id get rid of her dude, shes throwing your dream with your bassist and the drummer into disrispute.
All the best mate.
point out EVERY flaw you can the moment its spotted, be condescending and sarcastic, talk above her, these things shouldn't be difficult.....
take the piss outta her singing as much as you can say its putting you off playing and stuff and that she has to go
Quote by CrEePiNgDeAtH66
take the piss outta her singing as much as you can say its putting you off playing and stuff and that she has to go

I had this idea lol. It's like:

Me: *stops playing* Erm, WTF was that?
Her: What?
Me: You hit a wrong note you stupid whore
I dunno, you need to speak to the drummer and the bassist at the same time. Tell them how you feel about this band, see how THEY feel about it. If they're really serious, they're bound to understand. And if they don't, it probably won't matter much how this matter is resolved - it'll only be a matter of time until you run into another bump and it crashes down. If you guys are going to have arguments and fights over things, it doesn't matter how much you want it to work - it just won't, unless you're all really tight..
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
no just talk HONESTLY with your bass player and your drummer

explain the situation and they'll be cool with you or at least be more aware of things
Page 1 of 2