im stuck on making the neck. I dont know if there is anyway. Here are my pics.someone please help!!1

All I can say is some encouragement. That drawing is well on its way to YOWZAAH! As for help, I'm afraid to say I'm sh*te at autocad

Remember to put the neck at an angle though. I think the SG Std has a neck pitch of 14 degrees

Look at this for further help http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_sgstd.htm

Use the 360 zoom image located to the right of the page
Last edited by ECwomantoneman at Jan 5, 2007,
Use the polyline command and extrude it. Then use the fillet to round it in certain areas. That is how I would do it. I would use a different part for the fretboard in case you want to use a different texture. You should render it instead of shading the parts. That would look sicker.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Last edited by Liam Alan at Jan 5, 2007,
I'll try and get you some pictures of mine in a minute dude.

EDIT:

Here they are, hope they help.

They are not from a Standard SG (only difference is the 24 frets though), but they give a good idea of the shape and positioning of the neck.

Sorry for their hugeness btw.
Last edited by Freddedonna at Jan 5, 2007,
Dude, that is awesome. I cant do crap with auto cad. Although we did get some 2007 version thats pretty weird... And I didnt take the class that introduces the program...
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/