hi guys....
ive been offered gorgeuose http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_gibson_les_paul_standard_double_cut_plus_electric_guitar?full_sku=517344%2e057">a black Gibson Les Paul Standard Double Cut Plus in exchange of writing some songs for a signed band...
I wanted to ask you guys...is that a good gibson or a bad gibson....?
should i accept the guitar or the money in exchange of it...?
bottom line...is it a good guitar?
i know some gibsons are good, but i could buy something else good too in that price-range...
so is it a good guitar?
Gibson Les Peul Standerd... when those four words together yes it is a good deal... Shit thats like what 2000 doller guitar... If I'm thinkin' of the right Les Peul
the link doesnt work, since u got a double : http:// at the beginning:P
damn i would have taken that guitar... i might even kill u tonight and write some songs myself.. GO WRITE SONGS!!! :P
That's not what I call a dilemma..it's an EVIDENCE
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
ask for the money and go to a whole bunch of guitar shops and play everything or you can accept the gibson and if you don't like it you can always sell it
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by magvol
damn i would have taken that guitar... i might even kill u tonight and write some songs myself.. GO WRITE SONGS!!! :P

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_gibson_les_paul_standard_double_cut_plus_electric_guitar?full_sku=517344%2e057 that should be correct...
uhm......
anyway..the problem is..that i'd have to give them my best songs...
song's that could potentialy take me somewhere in the future...that's why they asked me in the first place!!
so basically...awesome guitar or possible future...?
Do they already know your stuff? If not give them your Pretty good stuff, but not your masterpeices.
i really really really don't wanna be a pompous asshole right now.,...but everyone tells me all my songs are awesome...so....i mean...i could give em some shitty riffs...with some pentatnics in em, just to make them feel "cool"...but they'll see right through it...
(also because i won the rotary club rome prize for composing a piece on the piano..) so...they no where to get my backround AND my material...
Quote by -deathbox-
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_gibson_les_paul_standard_double_cut_plus_electric_guitar?full_sku=517344%2e057 that should be correct...
uhm......
anyway..the problem is..that i'd have to give them my best songs...
song's that could potentialy take me somewhere in the future...that's why they asked me in the first place!!
so basically...awesome guitar or possible future...?

your future then. what do you want your future to be? you can write songs for bands that are already famous and make a living that way. it will probably have a more consistant income. or you can try to make it with your own band. this would definantly be harder but the rewards are much better. do what you feel it right. also don't feel that this one decision will affect your entire life because you can always go the other way at this stage while your still young
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star
your future then. what do you want your future to be? you can write songs for bands that are already famous and make a living that way. it will probably have a more consistant income. or you can try to make it with your own band. this would definantly be harder but the rewards are much better. do what you feel it right. also don't feel that this one decision will affect your entire life because you can always go the other way at this stage while your still young

my thoughts exactly....but...goddam...we're talking breath-taking gibson les paul doule cut....i think i should go there with my lawyer or somethin...get somesort of contract so that my name must ALWAYS be there by the song or that i get the guitar plus a certain percentage of their income...dunno..the choices are many...
but the bottom line is...the gibson will still be available in the future...but my possible future won't...at least i think thats the way to reason in this situation...