Ok, to cut to the chase I just collapsed earlier on... and woke up a good 70 minutes later.
I was just about to have a shower, turned the shower on (wasn't in it at the time)... and just had a very quick head-rush and collapsed. I woke up, and didn't think anything of it (I used to get head-rushes a lot) and had my shower as planned. Came onto the computer afterwards only to look at the time and realise that I'd been out for over an hour - which was weird, because it felt like it was just a few seconds. I literally blanked out, and woke up straight away... no dreams, no colours, no thoughts... even though I was down for so long.

Now the strange this is this: I don't have a headache, I don't feel woozy. I haven't been drinking, admittably I haven't eaten today but I ate loads yesterday (pizza buffet w00t). I didn't hit my head when I fell, I don't have a mark on my head or anything. I even felt strangely refreshed afterwards (I'm guessing the shower had something to do with this though). I feel fine...

Does anyone have any idea what the hell happened to me? Like I said, I've had head-rushes before, but they've never made me collapse before, espcially staying unconscious for such a long period of time. I don't even know why I had a head-rush, I usually get them from standing up too quickly after sitting down for too long, but in this case I was already on my feet and had been walking around - no standing involved.

So begs the question... whaaaat the fuuck?
Quote by Mistress Alia
Blood sugar?

Narcolepsy?

I'm not narcoleptic, epileptic, diabetic or anything like that ending it 'tic'. Which makes it all the stranger.

There's a chance its blood sugar, its the only thing I can think of. I was out drinking last night and haven't eaten today. But I didn't drink much last night, and I've gone for far longer without eating (damn student-ness)

Adhuv: I would go to a doctor, but I feel absolutely fine... if I start feeling woozy or it happens again I'll be straight there. But right now I'm just a bit confused!
Last edited by Tom Martin at Jan 5, 2007,
Quote by adhuv
instead of messing around on here go and get checked out by a doc!

Couldn't have said it clearer. My mate gets dizzy spells all the time. Mind you, he's on his computer and watching violent Manga 23 hours a day...
I'm no doc but you could have just fainted. This could be due to extreme stress from a situation recently or extreme fear of something. But could be because of very low energy? I have no clue.

+ BIMM? Brighton Institute of Modern Music? Another Brightoner! Small world.
Quote by ajbmosh
I'm no doc but you could have just fainted. This could be due to extreme stress from a situation recently or extreme fear of something. But could be because of very low energy? I have no clue.

+ BIMM? Brighton Institute of Modern Music? Another Brightoner! Small world.

Another thing I'd thought of... but I'm not stressed or scared of anything.

I was very tired though, I didn't get any sleep last night as I had to stay up all night at the hospital with a friend... who drank too much and passed out. Had to stay and look after her. But even then, I wasn't overly tired.

And yes, I'm a Brightoner You go to BIMM?
That happened to me recently, i get the same head rushes from standing up, i didnt think anything of it thoug and i havent seen a doctor.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
^^ i went to brighton once, their seemed to be a lot of gay people there, like, i saw more guy couples than "normal " couples. it was very wet there too. hmmm

oh, and yeah go get it checked out, thats really weird, ive never fainted before, but something like that doesnt just happen.
PSN: Noverion
Wow.

The exact same thing happened to me, except I ended up cracking my head oepn when I landed on my bathtub edge.

Maybe it was lack of air due to all the steam.
Nope, nothing to do with lack of air because of steam. When I say I'd turned the shower on, I literally turned it on and collapsed seconds later. My shower doesn't even start that quickly, let alone heat up and fill the room with steam

Sucks though, because the shower was left running for the whole time... what a waste of water - coming out of my water bill
Why see a doctor when you have the power of ug at your disposal?
I wish I had a sig.

Instrumental preference: Bass and/or vocals (lead or backup)

Quote by Zeppelin256
You're a member of UG.

And you don't want to have buttsecks?

Get the fuck off my internets.
Quote by Tom Martin
Another thing I'd thought of... but I'm not stressed or scared of anything.

I was very tired though, I didn't get any sleep last night as I had to stay up all night at the hospital with a friend... who drank too much and passed out. Had to stay and look after her. But even then, I wasn't overly tired.

And yes, I'm a Brightoner You go to BIMM?

Completely off topic...

No, i was thinking about going to BIMM but then i just got turned off the idea. I'm still in college (U6th) I was going to go to BIMM in my gap year but then i decided to do an Art Foundation course in Chelsea.

PS. Just checked out your band, some nice stuff you got there. Tell me when your next gig is coming up. Also, you "new sound" will sound cool i think. More Lacuna Coil-eqsue? I'm guessing?
It doesn't sound that serious. This is the first time it's happened, correct?
If it happens frequently then you should definately go to a doctor, but I think you're fine.
Quote by Archaon
If it happens frequently then you should definately go to a doctor, but I think you're fine.

You see, thats my mentality on it. I felt fine before and after.
And as for the people telling me to see a doctor:

1) its late here, my GP is closed.
2) the hospital is a fair trek and I don't have my car down in Brighton.
3) its friday night, the waiting time at the hospital is gonna be a fair while... and seeing as I feel fine I don't see the point in waiting around for so long just to be told I should eat something (or something like that).
Quote by Mistress Alia
Blood sugar?

first thing that came to mind after I read that.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
I'd say "Go to a doctor, just in case". But that's me. Take it easy for a bit, and then go to a doctor if it occurs again.
Quote by Archaon

Collapsing and being unconcious for over an hour doesn't sound that serious? What if he was in the bath or driving a car? Don't wait for it to happen again. Go and see a bloody doctor.
Quote by Robbie n strat
Collapsing and being unconcious for over an hour doesn't sound that serious? What if he was in the bath or driving a car? Don't wait for it to happen again. Go and see a bloody doctor.

Ha! My immature response is that I only ever have showers, not baths and my car is at my parents house.. not my student house. So you won't find me doing either of those things.

My mature response is that you are right, but this has never happened before, and I feel fine, so I don't feel the need to go running off to the doctor... especially because of the reasons I've already posted
you slipped through a time warp.

but really, similar things used to happen to me. how tall are you?

if you're really tall then you get blood rushes more and you might have just passed out.

especially if you're tall and you had been laying down for a while before you got up.
Quote by unplugtheradio
you slipped through a time warp.

but really, similar things used to happen to me. how tall are you?

if you're really tall then you get blood rushes more and you might have just passed out.

especially if you're tall and you had been laying down for a while before you got up.

I wouldn't really class myself as tall. I'm 5'11''.

I've just realised that this thread is giving away quite a few personal details! You guys now know my name, my height, where I live, which uni I go to and even my bathing/drinking habbits Damnit!
Quote by Tom Martin

I've just realised that this thread is giving away quite a few personal details! You guys now know my name, my height, where I live, which uni I go to and even my bathing/drinking habbits Damnit!

I'm going to take a shit through your letterbox. Such is the price of revealing personal details online.
ok this happend to me after i had a wank...it happend twice dont know how long i was out for afterward cause i never checked the time. but this could be what happend...maybe you were just out of energy?
It was God.

You had a long and meaningful conversation with him, as you were not sure where to turn in your life. Obviously, he told you the meaning of life; and, obviously, he had to erase your memory.

Obviously.
Quote by Tom Martin

well, i'm 6 foot and my doctor said it was because i'm so tall.

do you ever lie down for long periods then jump up and get a head rush and have to hold on to something?
Quote by unplugtheradio
well, i'm 6 foot and my doctor said it was because i'm so tall.

do you ever lie down for long periods then jump up and get a head rush and have to hold on to something?

Yes, I said I get head-rushes every now and again. I just get dizzy and have to hold onto something. I haven't had one in a good few months though.
Quote by _Mayday_
It was God.

You had a long and meaningful conversation with him, as you were not sure where to turn in your life. Obviously, he told you the meaning of life; and, obviously, he had to erase your memory.

Obviously.

It's so obvious now. Talk about hidden in plain view Why didn't I think of this earlier.