im having a plan to buy a new guitar (again)...since i kinda ditched th jackson idea...my new nominees are:

i could get these now and i like them alot:
epiphone g 400
epiphone explorer

or i should wait till march (i hate waiting) unti they release the tune o matic schecter hellraiser here, which i haveto pay monthly for (plus ill get ripped off...900 dollars for it. the epis are at a fair price.)

i tried the epis. great. i havent tried the hellraiser, but tried some c1. the neck was good. looks good. sounds good.

well, tough choice.

i was thinking if i buy the epi, id replace the pickups.

whats better?

oh yeah, and i play hardish rock. mostly rhythm.
Last edited by zwound at Jan 5, 2007,
^1+
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
i like the epi explorers better then the real gibson ones but schecter makes great stuff for a great price
i tried it. i loved it. but is it worth to get ripped off for a schet? i mean 900bucks for it in europe...in US it would be 650 something. plus im a kid, and i work for this money
I have the g-400 and its good. I love the reach on sgs although it has quite a wide neck it would be worth trying out. Get a 90 degree jack cos the input is on the top of the guitar and when the lead is plugged in it can get in the way. Sounds pretty good i play it through a dunlop slash crybaby and vox Ad30 valvetronix. Plays Velvet Revolver to Gary Moore but if you want a heavyer sound you could swap the pickups with emgs/bare nuckles??....... Competes with Gibson although i dont have much experiance so ask somone else
Last edited by Shinook at Jan 5, 2007,
I love my Epi Les Paul, I played the G-400 and it was nice to play.

I say get the Explorer.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Not to be rude or anything, but after your 3rd guitar, shouldnt you know abit about them and know what you want in a guitar??
i like all three. they all have what im looking for. i just dont know what to pick. i like them quite equally. sadly, i dont know as much about them technically.
well what about a schecter c-1 blackjack , how much do those cost over there? or a washburn X50PRO
dont get washburns here. all schetchers are around 900 dollars around here. hate getting ripped off
what amp have you got?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Epis are great for the price i have the SG G-400 Custom and its my favorate guitar but some people have trouble picking because of the three pickups I didn't have any problem with it tho.
Quote by 420 FREAK
Epis are great for the price i have the SG G-400 Custom and its my favorate guitar but some people have trouble picking because of the three pickups I didn't have any problem with it tho.

if you are planning on getting an epiphone get what he has. ive seen pics of it and it looks amazing and im sure it sounds just dandy to.
Hey man, I've got an Epiphone explorer... it's superbad. It came black with a white pick guard and gold hardware. I put an EMG 81/60 combo in it, then I changed out the hardware for black sperzel locking tuners and a black tonepros locking bridge system, I made myself a diamond-plate pickguard for it I painted flat black, and I put the compensator nut thingy that comes on LTD guitars on it. It's freakin' sweet!

On the other hand, the Hellraiser is a nice guitar too. Yeah, $900 is a little pricy for it, but you're not really getting ripped off... the Hellraiser is great exactly as is. I've played it, it's a very slick guitar. By the time I got done buying all the stuff for my Explorer, I think I came darn close to having spend $700 or $800 on it, and you're going to at LEAST have to change the pickups in it, because epiphone stock pickups are horrendous.

The biggest thing you should consider is this: Do you like a gibson style neck (24.75" scale) or a fender style neck (25.5" scale)? Most strat-looking guitars (the Schecter Omen series, for example, as well as the LTD/ESP "Strat copies") and ALL Ibanez, Jackson, Fender, and several other brands have a 25.5" scale. The Schecter S-1, Gibson, Dean, and pretty much all of LTD/ESP's "Gibson copies" have a 24.74" scale.
THRASH METAL!
JCM 800 & Home-built copy
4 Home-built cabs w/Eminence & Celestion speakers
Epi Les Paul & Explorer, LTD EC-1000, Dean Razorback
EMG 81/60, Dimarzio, Bill Lawrence pickups
D'addario strings, foo
I would say either get an epiphone explorer, or this is a serious suggestion look into the ESP LTD MH-400 trust me you will love it. Post back here and tell me if you liked it or not
theyre both great guitars, same sound, just different bodies.
im deciding between an explorer and SG for my backup guitar, and im thinking of choosing the SG....but i still dont know!
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Well, if someone makes great Explorers, it's ESP. If you want an Explorer, look into the LTD EX-400 BD. I've tried it, it's awesome, and could you have a heavier finish than industry floor? I don't think so.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
crap. thats too expensive- ltd that is.

narrowed my choice to SG and explorer....but if you say its the same guitar in a different body..why pay more for the explorer?
what amp have you got?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?