whats everything i need to start recording songs. i want to record them to my computer as well as record my drummers beats and my bass players stuff too. i need to mix it as well as burn it to cd. as for what i have now to record...nothing

also it would be nice if you could give me some links to musiciansfriend so i can see pricing. thanks
My Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Les Paul Custom
Martin 000X1 (soon!)
Epi SG Special

My Gear:
Marshall DSL401
Marshall MG250DFX
Boss TU-2
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Digitech Grunge
erm well you could do with microphones and some cool audacity stuff. dont need to buy expensive recording stuff, but your mixer could well be a couple of thousand pounds/dollars/euros/wotever. also, you could do with a sound proof room, but that costs a lot. anyways hope this helped like. sorry bout the links dude.
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
also wrong forum.
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Have fun trying to record drums!!!

First thing's first. Get a Shure SM57 microphone. They're around $100, but you're never going to get a better microphone than that without paying a horrendously large amount of cash. If you don't have enough money, then go buy something cheap and hope for the best.

Then, get a mike stand. They can get pretty expensive, so watch out. If you don't want to have to pay money for a mike stand, get a broomstick and some duct tape, and hope for the best.

If you want to record drums, your best bet is to have the microphone above the drums. The next best thing is to have two mics over the drums. Anything else is going to take a mixer and more mics.

Mixers vary. A lot. I'm not too experienced in that area.

Recording electric guitar's easy. Just stick the mic using either your mic stand or broom stick, and put it in the middle of the amp. Right in the middle of it. Fiddle around with the volume, see what goes well.

Software's simple enough. Just get Audacity or some other free audio software program. Audacity sucks on Macs, though.
READ THE STICKIES.
Please.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.