i got my jackson warrior today
only thing is it wont stay in tune, even without whammy action (even though its supposed to have a locking floyd rose), and how the hell do i tune down on it? cause when i do it only tunes itself back up, i know its supposed to tune back up to standard, but how do i bypass it?

any help would great
thanks
Quote by Jaffaps2
It's meant to reflect Clapton's career, starts off good but then turns into a piece of shit.

The Lord has done mighty things with his right hand
Psalms chapter 118, verse 12
I'm not sure but I think you need to adjust the tremolo itself to return to a different level, so you can tune down. That's the problem with floating bridges: you can't tune differently, you have to stay in the pitch it's adjusted to.

If you're gonna leave it tuned down, like, forever, then you can get it adjusted at a music store. And put on some heavier strings.
Buy another guitar with a fixed bridge for tuning down. FR's are a pain in the ass and if you don't know what you are doing you can screw it up and break a lot of strings.
Seriously, I'm in the band.
uh, you don't really tend to down tune FRs. Also, the reason it wont stay in tune might be because it is new. You need to stretch the strings a little. What model of warrior is it, that'll tell us most of what we need to know...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
^^
like he said...
you'll have to adjust the string tension, locking nuts... (not too sure about these though...)
just go to your locally store as said...
erm as far as i can remember its the 06 warrior XT if that helps
but yeah
i have 3 guitars and was hoping to keep this 1 in D (1 step down not drop D!)
but yeah perhaps i should let the shtrings stretch a bit
thanks guys

EDIT: also ive seen a lot of players use floating bridges in tunings as low as 3 steps down, so surely you can tune down on FRs
Quote by Jaffaps2
It's meant to reflect Clapton's career, starts off good but then turns into a piece of shit.

The Lord has done mighty things with his right hand
Psalms chapter 118, verse 12
Yes you can tune down on floyd roses, but you cant tune it down for like 10 seconds like you would on a fixed bridge. You gotta re-adjust the springs, etcs, bla bla...

Staying in 1 tuning is perfect for FRs, and if you're dropping down that much, definetely get a thicker gauge like 10s/11s to accomodate the tension.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic