Page 1 of 12
you heard the title

the fact is global warming is a real problem and it needs everyone's attention. Studies from environment Canada show that 2007 will be the hottest year ever. but years like this can be avoided if we just cut emmissions and conserve energy. i love to snowboard and i want my grandchildren to be able to snowboard as well (this is just an example to personalify the topic and add in something persnal to you instead of snowboarding if you will) but i cannot accomplish this by myself it'll take us all as a community to change things.

the truth is with something this big one person cannot make a difference but if many people band together a real difference can indeed be made. it is now the people and politicians of the world that need to realise that this needs to be fixed

i don't care if this topic has been discussed to death because the fact is it needs to be discussed more.

Tink about it and do the right thing, because the truth is we will all be in serious trouble unless everyone helps
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Last edited by Drmckool at Jul 6, 2007,
Personally i feel pretty good about the fact that if i have to die everyone else will be coming with me..... nothing like dieing with a sweet tan either.
Yep, if i die and everyone comes with me kick ass. I just littered all my garbage in the forest, COME ON GLOBAL WARMING. IM WITH YOU ALL THE WAY.
Quote by Arthur Curry
You heard it. Prevent global warming so drumckoool's grandchildren can snowboard.

that's where it's at but c'mon that was just an example. we all have a personal intrest in fighting global warming becasue climate change will have disasterious effects to us all. it should not rain and feel like october in January
I shot JR

ugh. i want snow.
there is no way that anyone will listen and follow to save the planet.
RX Queen
Quote by GiantRaven
**** the planet, I have my own life to worry about

your life is directly tied to the planet though
I shot JR

I don't see what I can do. I don't have a car, so my mum or dad drive me places, but only when I need to be driven. I bike or walk most places, including school. I recycle. What more can I do?
Quote by TheShadow
I don't see what I can do. I don't have a car, so my mum or dad drive me places, but only when I need to be driven. I bike or walk most places, including school. I recycle. What more can I do?

well your on the right track, just turn off electrical ciruits that you do not use and just think of your "foot print"
I shot JR

oh.........

on a serious note though, all were doing by cutting carbon emissions is merely delaying the inevitable collapse of our enviroment, but by doing this we are giving the scientists more time to FIX the problem, not cover the gaping wounds in sticky plasters like enviromentalists do. On another note, there are equal amounts of evidence showing Carbon emissions are warming the world, cooling the world and doing bugger all.

However, as cutting carbon emissions means cutting down on fossil fuel usage it is a better option to follow, oil is running out, and oh no! we wont have petrol for our cars anymore, which tbh, doesnt matter in the slightest, if we really HAVE to we could switch to hydrogen based cars and just nto travel as far, or other alternative fuel sources. The real problem with running out of oil is running out of plastics. The modern world will fall apart without plastics and governments will not be able to do anything about it.

so yes, CO2 emissions COULD be heating up the world, or it could just be a normal enviromental cycle, governments just like to use it as a way to save oil, im not saying its the only reason(im no damn conspiracy theorist, but it is convenient. SO start donating to science labs NOW!
songs: Left Behind choices
Quote by MadClownDisease
Well I can top you all, I've done my mum, my step brother AND a cat. As well as quite a few corpses.
omfg, the thread title was the exact same one i used in my english exam yesterday, in which i had to argue about global warming supposedly in a teenagers magazine..
DANK MEMES
zomg, quick, there are trees that haven't been hugged yet.
MG Free At Last
My car runs on diesel.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Down here it's one of the coldest winters yet... global warming my ass. Its never -15 in jan...
Quote by Drmckool
your life is directly tied to the planet though

Shush hippie

I'd rather spend the time I have enjoying myself rather than wasting my time trying to save the planet
Quote by Jesse Mrau

Super....duper...serial......

I'm totally serial right now!
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
It would be nice if everybody was more aware, but the thing is no one really cares. Alot of people are really self-centered, and can't be bothered with the planet.
I think it's just a climate shift, like what has happened quite a few times. So I'm going to litter, shit on woodland creatures and burn CFC's like you've never seen.
None of this is going to effect me because my girlfreind is going to kill me soon lol. Btw if anyone is wondering why, it's not that I've done anything wrong but she just finds it a turn on to physically torture me, not complaing though ;]
Last edited by [I Buy Peace] at Jan 5, 2007,
what if your grandchildren dont enjoy skiing? then its a big waste of time and effort.

seriously though, the temperature is only rising like, .02 degrees every year. no need to stress out. of course cutting CO2 emissions is a great thing, but theres no life-or-death situatoin here
Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Popapez can shred0rz the acoustic guitar
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
Relax, global warming is the greatest hoax this century. Everyone is worried about this year how the weather has been strange, its called El Nino.

Global warming is merely a ploy by liberals to cut down on fossil fuel use, so they can hurt the America. Because that is there plan to destroy everything that is righteous and good in this world.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
I think this weather kicks ass. I have no problem with having nice warm weather in January.

MarC
667 The neighbor of the beast

Yamaha APX-8S
Are you people completely insane? This is the reason why we have a problem. Everyone is like "oh, well i never liked winter anyway" or "oh its just a temporary thing." WELL GUESS FRICKEN WHAT, its not. It's been evident since the 70's, and if we're not going to do anything about it, then you can watch whole coastal cities like San Francisco, New York, Singapore, and Shanghai go under water. Not to mention the torrential storms that have been occuring everywhere. Look at Vancouver, Canada. I can't believe you selfish fuckers have the nerve to say "oh well, i'll worry about myself instead of saving the planet." I dont even have anything to say to that; the stupidity of those statements should speak for itself.
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
Drmckool did you get any snow at all this year cause i haven't what the hell is wrong? we had one snowfall here and that was on October 7th lol
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Quote by D-Fens
It's been evident since the 70's,

that means basically nothing. we've only been keeping records of annual temperatures for about 200 years. temperatures are going to fluctuate naturally. there are cycles of warmer and cooler temperatures. we could be in a 400 year cycle of warm weather, nobody knows. 35 years of slightly warmer temperatures means nothing in the large-scale picture
Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Popapez can shred0rz the acoustic guitar
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
Quote by popapez
that means basically nothing. we've only been keeping records of annual temperatures for about 200 years. temperatures are going to fluctuate naturally. there are cycles of warmer and cooler temperatures. we could be in a 400 year cycle of warm weather, nobody knows. 35 years of slightly warmer temperatures means nothing in the large-scale picture

That's true, global warming is natural, were just slightley speeding it up. My useless advise is too live life to the full and make the most of your life and just do little changes like stop littering and make less car journeys, because if everyone did that the world would be better in all ways.
The planet's doing great, it's human beings that are going to get screwed by global warming. The Earth is going to be here regardless, it'll recover in a few million years most likely, the reason we should be worried is because we're going to get a reaction out of all the garbage we put into the atmosphere. That's pretty bad for us, if you haven't noticed, we really should do something about it. Just be aware of it and do little things, we really can't do much more.

About the 200 year records of temperature or whatever, we can gather that now is the hottest it's been in several hundreds of thousands of years through carbon dioxide in the ice cores they dig up and things like that. Still, in the history of years, several hundred years isn't that long of a time period, it is possible that the climate oscilates like this. It's still proven that what we do is detrimental and speeds up the process.
Last edited by SickMetal at Jan 5, 2007,
Quote by D-Fens
Are you people completely insane? This is the reason why we have a problem. Everyone is like "oh, well i never liked winter anyway" or "oh its just a temporary thing." WELL GUESS FRICKEN WHAT, its not. It's been evident since the 70's, and if we're not going to do anything about it, then you can watch whole coastal cities like San Francisco, New York, Singapore, and Shanghai go under water. Not to mention the torrential storms that have been occuring everywhere. Look at Vancouver, Canada. I can't believe you selfish fuckers have the nerve to say "oh well, i'll worry about myself instead of saving the planet." I dont even have anything to say to that; the stupidity of those statements should speak for itself.

Oh, i'm sorry, I didn't realise I have to give a shit about a bunch of people I don't know

I highly doubt they give a shit about my existence
Quote by cubedeathk
Relax, global warming is the greatest hoax this century. Everyone is worried about this year how the weather has been strange, its called El Nino.

Global warming is merely a ploy by liberals to cut down on fossil fuel use, so they can hurt the America. Because that is there plan to destroy everything that is righteous and good in this world.

And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by Jesse Mrau

Super....duper...serial......

Half man....half bear....half pig
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by SickMetal
The planet's doing great, it's human beings that are going to get screwed by global warming. The Earth is going to be here regardless

+1 The earth will be here long after were gone, until when our sun dies trillions of years from now and it literally consumes and destroys the earth.
noone can stop the americans indians and chinese people they have to stop theirselves

the american's have such big cars i mean really big!!
and the european very small cars so....
but if we die we all will die
i dont care if i die, when all the other people die with me
we dont know what is after the deaths
Quote by OrderedChaos
+1 The earth will be here long after were gone, until when our sun dies trillions of years from now and it literally consumes and destroys the earth.

I wanna be around to see that

Bit screwed after that though...
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut