So I'm going to be building an A/B box tonight, but before I do I need to know something. First off, the reason I want to make one, is so I can switch between my two distortion pedals. Now the question is, does an A/B box work that way? Can it do what I want it to? I pretty much want to have one distortion pedal in A and another in B. And be able to switch back and forth. Doable? I pulled some schematics off another thread.

http://aronnelson.com/gallery/album20/PASSIVE_A_B_BOX_LAYOUT

Which is exactly what I want, if it will do the trick.
An A/B box switches between two outputs.

You want a box that'll switch between two LOOPS, with one pedal in each loop.
The signal goes into the pedal, through one of the loops, and out the other end.
I know you've probably thought of this, but what's wrong with simple stepping on 2 pedals?
But yea, the loop would work.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
lol, I tried that. The song I'm playing, I have to switch them, each riff the sound of the distortion switches back and forth. I cant get my foot to move quick enough to turn one off and the other one on in time. I think that came out really confusing....I should just tab out what I mean.

D 7-6-4
A 5-4-2-4 so you play that over and over, and each time you switch distortions.
D --------4

plus I just really wanted to make something haha.
Last edited by Agata0023 at Jan 5, 2007,
Why do you need to switch distortions for each time though? Seems unnecessarily stupid, just use 1?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Just got buy and A/B switch. Not like they cost a bunch.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
R H C P - You raise a good point. haha, no I want to do it because it sounds cool in some of the songs I play.

bonchie1 - The a/b box wont do what I need it to, I just realized that upon thinking about it some more. I need like a dual loop box or something. What the guys up there ^ were talking about. now, if I can only find some schematics...