I got a cheap starter pack a year ago, but now I have up to $1000 to spend on a new practice amp and guitar. I'm looking for a guitar with 24 jumbo frets, and a good double-locking tremolo with which I can shred/play metal, and which is also good enough to keep me content for a couple of years. I figure I'll get a real amp later once I get out of a college setting.

I tried out two Jacksons (DKMG and DK2M Pro) and an Ibanez RG5EX1 through a Vox AD30VT and liked what I heard. Right now I can't hear much of a difference, but I figure I'll learn sometime down the line so I don't want something that'll sound bad later.

Anyways, here were a few choices I was debating between:
(prices from musiciansfriend.com)

Amps: Roland Cube 30x ($229), Vox Valvetronix AD30VT ($240)
Guitars: Jackson DKMG Dinky ($750), Jackson DK2 Dinky ($650), Ibanez RG1570 ($750)

I've done a little research so I know the active EMGs on the DKMG are good, the pickups on the RG1570 suck, the Edge pro is good, the FR on the Jacksons are ok, etc.

Also, what I was wondering about most was if I should just wait a month or so to see what new guitars are coming out? I'd like to get a new guitar soon, but I don't want to get shafted from being in a rush. Thanks.
S -Series?
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
yeah spend more on the amp, but wait until NAMM is over, then there will be more options availabe, like the new ibanez range of RG guitars
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Yeah, i would wait a month to see whats coming out, but outof those options i would either go for an Ibanez S series (youpick) along with an Roland Cube 60 amp, or the RG1570 with a Cube 60

oh yeah, S series dont have 24 frets
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

he doesn't HAVE to go used for the tube amp, i just bough a traynor tube combo and love it!
id go with the Jackson DK2/DK2M with a trem swap (just buy a OFR off of ebay and put it in, itll fit the route without a problem) and either the Vox Amp or a nice used Marshall tube amp (JCM 800 anyone?)
i have a dkmg. its sweet, but i ****ing hate the floyd
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick