i got an ipod video for christmas, so im thinking im going to put all my music and videos and pictures on that, and do a system restore on my comp, then put it all back and hope that my computers stops sucking. would that work? the only problem is... how do i put all the stuff from my ipod back on to the comp?
Cut and paste if you open your ipod as a removab;e device F.
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
No. Don't do it. I did that with my computer (music only) and iTunes will screw you over. You're gonna have so many problems getting it all back out. Everything will be mixed up, all the files are going to be in the iTunes format and it's going to absolutly be a massive pain in the ass.

Use cd's, dvds or a portable hard drive.
Quote by Toms' anominous

Yeah do that, except first u have to open iTunes and select "Enable For Disk Use"... this basically turns your iPod into a External Hard Drive. Then open up your iPod through "My Computer" and copy paste all the files into a folder in there.

After you do what you need to your computer, plug your iPod in, go to my computer, and put the files back on your computer...

The only problem I had was that I had to remake my iTunes Library. When you do this, even if the songs are exactly the same as on your iPod, when it asks if you want to delete your stuff on your iPod and replace it with your library, hit YES. I hit no the first time and it wouldnt update, even when i tried to add new songs.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by Toms' anominous

are you sure that'd work? i can just copy and past my music folder, my pictures folder, my video folder....do a system restore, and then copy and paste them all back?
get anapod. you can take things off your ipod easily without using iTunes.

of course, anapod cost money. unless you know how to get it
The problem I've had is that I can't put my videos onto my iPod, it says "This video cannot be played on this iPod".

Can anyone shed any light onto this? The vids play in iTunes.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
The problem I've had is that I can't put my videos onto my iPod, it says "This video cannot be played on this iPod".

Can anyone shed any light onto this? The vids play in iTunes.

http://videora.com/en-us/Converter/guides.html

download that, i guess since your vids are already on your comp you just have to click one click transcode and select the file and it'll put it in the right format
Thanks man!
Don't be afraid to care"

Er... how do I transfer my OWN files to my iPod? All the free trial is about is downloading videos, I don't wanna' do that, I just wanna transfer what I've got.
Don't be afraid to care"

I downloaded the wrong thing haha, I've got the right one now, cheers for your help!
Don't be afraid to care"

Do Not Do This. Without An Outside Program, There Is No Way To Put It Back On Your Comp.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell