Alright, in my sociology class we are working on the final semester project. In mine I am taking a survey on the world's morality. I understand that morality is a very personable subject and is different for every individual, but that is not a point in my survey so please do not try to devalue the question in this thread with that argument.
As many answers as possible would be extrememly appreciated. As always, no spamming allowed, thanks.
Age___.
Gender___.
Country___.
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally?____.
Why?
Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place?____.
Why, or why not?
Afterwards any further speculation or thoughts on the subject are completely welcome and encouraged.
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Founder of the Soundgarden Fan Club (Louder Than F*ck!). PM me to join.
Age___. 17
Gender___. Male
Country___. USA
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally?____. Wrong
Why? Not sure.
Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place?____. Hell no.
Why, or why not? Because people are laways fighting for ideas.
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally?wrong.
Why?
Morals of everything are being lowered because people are unable to do something. In effect, the "bar" is being constantly lowered.

And, many people are ignorant pricks who think only what they think is right, and will punish you if you think otherwise.

Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place?No.
Why, or why not?
See above^.
Age___. 15
Gender___. Male
Country___. U.S And A.
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally?____. Wrong
Why? Because their is still such a strong hatred in the world, and there is so much corruption.
Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place?____. No.
Why, or why not? On the news everyday, all we hear about is illness, death and disasters, so no, the world is overall not positive.
Quote by Draken
that 0/10 was for gonzo slash, i despise him.
N.W.A Is Fucking Up The Program
Co-Leader Of The League Of Toxicity33, Kankuro And Dr. Gonzo Slash
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Gonzo, you're a cool dude.
Gender Male.
Country US of A.
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally? Wrong
Why? Well, because I've seen a drastic increase in the amount of people who whine when we try to punish criminals and promote justice.
Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place? Yes
Why? Well, for the most part, people are fed and have shelter. There aren't THAT many people who have to worrry about survival on a day-to day basis.

Extras: Well, check this: If everyone in the US quit buying music for one year, the revenue would give ALL third world countries clean drinking water for 3 years. Think about if we extrapolated that to the world, if everyone in the world would give a few dollars then everyone could have clean water. Also, farmers in the world provide enough food for everyone to have a full belly, yet there are millions that are hungry. We could have an even better planet, if someone would just have the balls to do it. It would be tough, and it would be brutal, but a unitifed world is possible.
Age___. 17
Gender___. Female
Country___. USA
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally?____. wrong!
Why? because of the high influence that politices play throughout the world. leaders base their actions on personal gain or other political interests instead of acting morally and working for the people.
Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place?____. No, Definantly not.
Why, or why not? it's sad really, but the world is full of so much political turmoil and corruption that countries are blinded and don't realize what really needs to be done. for example, politics are so focused on their country's amount of power in the world that they are willing to drop bombs and fight wars in the name of justice, rather than finding peaceful means. there are also a lot more reasons.
Afterwards any further speculation or thoughts on the subject are completely welcome and encouraged.

well i just think this is an interesting topic. i actually wrote my american lit. critical research paper on a similar topic involving morality, so i just thought it was kind of interesting what your're doing! anyways, i hope i was of some help.
archangel666

Gear:
schecter synyster gates custom
ibanez s-series
fender strat
fender acoustic
next guitar: schecter c-1 hellraiser (black)
Age___. 15

Gender___. Male

Country___. Belgium

Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally?____. Yes and no

Why? I think some people heve the right attidtude to make this world a nice place but some people just are just not enthousiast to help.

Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place?____. No

Why, or why not? Because of all the violence and hate in the world,from wars between countries or even domestic violence.
Quote by ..NEM..
*hugs back and grabs White Ponys ass*
Quote by olp07
Gender Male.
Country US of A.
Why? Well, because I've seen a drastic increase in the amount of people who whine when we try to punish criminals and promote justice.
Why? Well, for the most part, people are fed and have shelter. There aren't THAT many people who have to worrry about survival on a day-to day basis.

Well, maybe in the USA.....................
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby

Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally? Right in most places.

Why? Increasing numbers of people are questioning religion and coming to their own conclusions about things, which generally do not include views such as beheading those who don't worship their chosen deity in the same way.

Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place? Not for most people.

Why, or why not? Disease and malnutrition are still exceedingly widespread.
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally?: Wrong
Why?: Terrorism has been happening forever, all over the world, and as soon as it hit the U.S.A. the shit hit the fan, and now everyone who looks Muslim, Sikh, or Hindu is considered a terrorist. I admit it feels closer to home now, but how is it that back then, when millions were dying in Africa, and all over Europe and Asia, that everything was peachy, but now that the media catch on, the end of the world is near?
Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place?: After that, **** no.
Why, or why not?: We watch violence, we contribute to violence, we listen to songs about violence, we read about violence, and all we watch on TV is how there are now 1000 new diseases that could kill you, that our billions of dollars of donations didn't do shit to cure.
"Say hello to my little friend!"
Age__14.

Gender___Male.

Country___England (Great Britain).

Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally?____Wrong.
Why? World is a corrupt place, Goverments are getting more and more extreme in their views and policys, less freedom of speech due to religions, etc

Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place?____No.
Why, or why not? AS stated above + wars, crime, poverty. With all The money america spends in a year on military things they could eliminate thirld world poverty (this is not an attack on america btw just an example on how the world thinks and acts)
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by /-Vince-\
Well, maybe in the USA.....................

I don't want to digress from the thread, but not in the US, not in Europe, not in Asia, not really in South America. Africa, yes there are many people who worry about living, however if you compare this to say the Middle Ages, the world today is vastly better than the world of yesteryear. I think it is safe to say that the vast majority of the world dosen't have to worry about being eaten by a wolf every day of their life.

To threadstarter: good choice in sociology, I'm a dual major w/sociology and psychology, very interesting field of study.
Age 17
Gender Male
Country England, United Kindom
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally?
People aren't treating the world with respect what with pollution any anti-social behaviour.
Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place?
Depends where you are. I can't think of an answer except people that abuse rights.
Quote by olp07
Gender Male.
Country US of A.

Extras: Well, check this: If everyone in the US quit buying music for one year, the revenue would give ALL third world countries clean drinking water for 3 years. Think about if we extrapolated that to the world, if everyone in the world would give a few dollars then everyone could have clean water. Also, farmers in the world provide enough food for everyone to have a full belly, yet there are millions that are hungry. We could have an even better planet, if someone would just have the balls to do it. It would be tough, and it would be brutal, but a unitifed world is possible.

Exactly, if everyone in the world gave 1 dollar (american, canadian, 0.75 euro, 50 pence, 5 rand, whatever) which honestly isnt that ****ing much, the majority of people could afford 5 or 6, we could have a good 6 or 7 billion dollars (or however you want to put it).
"Say hello to my little friend!"
Quote by olp07
Gender Male.
Country US of A.

Was that sarcasm? I can't believe how ****ing stupid that is. Please don't prove American stereotypes as correct.
Last edited by Jackolas at Jan 5, 2007,
Age__. 16
Gender___. Male
Country___. United States

Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally?____. Right, yes there is lots of corruption and war but more and more people are starting to question it. This generation despite a few idiots, wants to make a positive change.

Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place?____. I think the world is a positive place. Not every one on Earth is going to be perfectly happy immediately. But most of the people around me are generally happy and trying to make a positive change any way they can. If we just keep trying and doing our part the world will keep getting a little better over time.
Age 19.
Gender Male.
Country UK.
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally? I think morals change over time, and so do the things we have to apply morals to. Basically, in principle. if no one is hurt, or any liberities are not infringed they should do whatever they wish with their own lives. Generally, yes. Society progresses, we're not constantly at war with our neighbours, although we still have that arrogant, selfish nature. I see a lot of the other comments, saying how we have a lot of political turmoil, and stuff, but to be honest there was even more in the past. After Ceaser, not one stayed Emporer for very long.
Why? ^

We can choose to live longer, if we want to. Yes. We hear about deaths, and disasters all the time because people like bad news over good news. We're not positive in this, we have never been.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Quote by Briteless
Exactly, if everyone in the world gave 1 dollar (american, canadian, 0.75 euro, 50 pence, 5 rand, whatever) which honestly isnt that ****ing much, the majority of people could afford 5 or 6, we could have a good 6 or 7 billion dollars (or however you want to put it).

It's nice to think about it, but it's not going to happen.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3

Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally? Both.

Why? While some people are moving forward spiritually and are acting for what they believe in, there's also the increase of radical groups like cults and terrorists. Also, most people today wouldn't help a person even if it meant barely going out of their way.

Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place? Mostly No.

Why? A large majority of the population of earth lives in third-world countries where living conditions are horrible, war breaks out, and diseases such as AIDS are very common. People who are lucky enough to live in a better country generally have mental and/or emotional problems and are very rarely positive.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
Age 15.
Gender Male.
Country USA
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally? Meh, morals are all opinionated. I really don't care if people curse more (screw the FCC), or have abortions or whatnot, but that's my morals and such. I really don't know how to answer.
Why? ^^^
Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place? Not really.
Why, or why not? Crime's may be going down a little, but the farther we get into this time, it seems the more corrupt governments are getting, and the more it seems Communism is looming in the US. But it's certainly changing in a good way as well. There are smarter individuals in the world, less ignorant people, and if something could be done in around 50 years, the world could really change. (It's complicated for me to explain....but that's the base of it)
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Age___. 18
Gender___. M
Country___. Canada
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally?____. I really don't know what you mean by this. But I'll simply say, yes and no.
Why? It depends where you live. Some countries will have different political systems which can discriminate against a certain group. Or some may have media broadcast programmes that are targetting a certain group, for example, the U.S and their War on Terror. Many of the citizens are unaware of who they're fighting and are left to think that because they are at war with them then they must be bad.
Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place?____. I think that our world is progressing nicely in terms of technology, though there are still a lot of problems such as malnutrition.
Why, or why not? I'm not explaining any more, I'm really tired.
Age 16.
Gender Male.
Country England.
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally? positive overall.
Why? More of an effort is being made about the important issues like global warming etc. but more could be done
Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place? No.
Why, or why not? Global Warming, Crime rising, Delinquency rising etc. etc.
Country of origin: Sweden.
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally? Wrong.
Why?
Because people are still too controlled by the media and higher ups. Not because they've got a chokehold on the population or nothing, but because people just don't question things.
Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place? I do not.
Why, or why not?
People don't care for the world ouside of the things that have a very direct effect on their lives, which in my mind is one of the biggest social problems in the world today. Even when someone does, it's usually a very short lived sensation.
Age 15.
Gender Male.
Country USA, 10 miles from Washington, DC.
Why?
Many children raised by young poorly educated low income single mothers are unable to succeed in society and turn to drug dealing and related crimes, perpetuated by hypocritical US legal policy. Very few jobs that will pay the bills are available to those who are not college educated, in Washington, DC the average rent for a one-room apartment is $1,100 monthly and the median household income is about $40,000. I've done some work at homeless shelters for school and have met several individuals who work full-time and are unable to afford a place to live. We spend millions daily on a war that, regardless of your position, is no longer accomplishing anything but death and instability, and can't even pay for decent education and healthcare for our own citizens because of it. It has been estimated that eradicating malaria worldwide would cost $1 Billion a year over 10 years, while we (The US) spend an estimated $40 Billion a year putting harmless drug users behind bars.

Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place? No
Why, or why not? I typically find that not enough people actually give a shit about anyone else or about actually improving society, either that or are resigned to inability to change anything for the better. That being said I don't think that this is without hope, I just don't consider the world a positive place overall.

I have strong feelings on this, heh.
Last edited by allalong at Jan 5, 2007,

Country
Ireland

Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally?
Some of both.

Why?
In terms of law, and crime and punishment etc we have certainly moved in the right direction. We like to be ethical and politically correct. Though we are still matieralistic.
Negative.

Why, or why not?
Because governments spend £7billion on roads instead of health care, education, charity and national debt.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Gender" Male

Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally? The wrong way.

Why? Well, the USA has waged war on several Middle Eastern countries, lied to its people about WMD's (among other things), and is basically turning itself into a proto-fascist regime. The Patriot Act destroys any sense of personal security. The fact that the USA failed to ratify Kyoto shows they are unwilling to improve the world at the expense of the economy. Hell, they won't even improve themselves: many many children and families cannot afford a proper education.

Consumerism and neoliberalism is taking hold across the world - everything's become about making money instead of helping the disadvantaged. Even developing nations want to become like North America. Our "great lifestyle" has become the blueprint for a "developed nation," which is scary, seeing as how we are losing resources quickly. And on top of all that, no one seems to care about Darfur, or the millions of AIDS victims in the world, or political prisoners, just about how much money they'll make.

Also, the growing fascination (or obsession) with violence is, in my opinion, disgusting. People posting up the Saddam Execution video and going "LOL!! PWND!" or describing in detail what they'd do to Saddam if they had their say, etc. What kind of sick world do we live in now, where 16 year old kids do coke and try to act all "gangster" by carrying around guns and knives, getting into all sorts of trouble?

Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place? No, I don't.

Why, or why not? Read my response above.

EDIT: I suggest you all read "Against The New Authoritarianism" by Henry Giroux, if you can find it. I read it for my Sociology class last semester, and it really opened my mind to many of the ideas I have touched on in my response.
Age___14
Gender___M
Country___Canada
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally?____.Right and Wrong.
Why? Right because we used to extinct animals for entertainment, we still do but not so such an extent, wrong because there is still greed in the world and are morals are only developing to make that greed much more, there should be equality yet there isn't. Money means power, which is wrong. Greed means war, which is wrong.
Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place?____. No.
Why, or why not? Most of the time the world is positive, yet there is the trickle down theory of a market economy, there is always people who make bad choices and get screwed over, the world isn't positive for them, and then there is the people at the top, who make the right choices or are born into the top, who look at the world as positive. The people at the bottom should have the most power, yet the people at the top truly have the power, how can the world be positive when a bunch of greedy assholes decide to go to war with a bunch of poorer countries.

Hope this helped...
Last edited by raisinbran at Jan 5, 2007,
Age__14_.
Gender__M_.
Country_USA__.
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally?__Wrong__.
Why? People use pornography to get off, People now except anything when it comes to how people live, crime is high, In eastern countries women can't show their face, Back then it was a law not to committ adultery and now - if it doesn't involve you it's ok.

Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place?__No__.
Why, or why not? There are currently more wars going on now then there ever has been, there is an outgoing outbreak of illnesses and diseases around the world, natural events kill hundreds of people each year.(global warming). There are insane men parading around with nukes, and finally- there is no compassion
Okedokee I'm done, good luck
Age___.16
Gender___.Male
Country___.Northern Ireland
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally?____.Both
Why? Some things are going in the right direction but many are not. I can't think of any example right now.
Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place?____.Nope, not at all.
Why, or why not? Em...

Sorry about my lack of reasons, I'm very tired...

countrey:us of a

right or wrong direction: wrong. the world is still to full of hate and people get away with it. raceism is still a problem, didn't we get rid of that, well, didn't we?

posotive place: no. raceism, sexism, hate, ect. and what gets me is that people get away with it. five teenage boys killed a transvestite because of what she was. did they get charged for murder, yes but did they get charged with hate crimes? HELL NO! and this is the world that children have to grow up in.
"It smells like semen and Vicks in here!"

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Join
Fight Club
"this is bob, bob has bitch tits"
Age___. 16
Gender___. Male
Country___. Australia
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally?____. wrong
Why? bush and ipods... bush because hes corrupting the international populous and ipods because there the invention of the socially excluded
Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place?____. no
Why, or why not? look around
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him
(")_(") on his way to world domination.

AUSTRALIA FTW!

Matt Bellamy > Shred

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. I am an 8%er
Age___16
Gender___Male
Country___United States
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally?____Wrong
Why? Being a Christian I will have alot of archetypal images come through so bear with me. I live in a small town where in the past ten years it has changed from a little oil boom town where nothing ever went wrong. Now, every other day you see a meth lab bust, kids being arrested for being in possesion, chases down our once friendly roads. This is simply a microcosm for the nation and the world in general. Drugs, porn, violence. It's all there, but what comes to my mind when i see these things are little kids, wanting to grow up an be a doctor or an astronaut or the next leader of a nation. Then I think, "Where did these kids go wrong in there life, who along the way told them they couldn't and they believed? Where did they lose sight of the dream? Where did they take the easy way over the right way?" The world is losing hope in the positive things in life. Being a Christian I have strong beliefs, and though I can try and influence as many people as I can, it is ultimately their choice in what they believe. Some of the worst battles and wars have been a conflict of religion, and the way I look at it, what does it matter what someone else believes? Try and influence them and if their beliefs shall not budge, quit wasting your time on the ignorant. But the biggest problems with the said ignorant people is they are the ones who lost their dreams.
Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place?____Not at all
Why, or why not? People like movie stars who live in huge houses they will never fill, fancy cars that they rarely drive, and expensive clothes that only bought because of a name. Then after they have all of this nice stuff, they complain about their lives.
People in Etheopia live in little huts with no running water and very little food, their only transportation is at the bottom of their legs, they are lucky to own any clothes. Now I ask, what would happen if you mixed these? An experiment that would change the world. People simply seeing the on-screen heroes attempt to survive would get peoples attention to donate to these people. Sure there are some like Angelina Jolie who tries to help them, but of people like Paris Hilton? Now would seeing these helpless little *****s try and survive in the wild of Africa solve all the worlds problems such as war? No, but war is something that must occur for there to be peace despite what all those tree hugging hippies say or do.
Last edited by thunderbritches at Jan 5, 2007,
Raisinbran, you're obviously much more literate than guitarmansmitty, who is apparently a year older than you. Teach him to read and write.
Age___.16
Gender___.male
Country___.usa
Do you think the world is moving in the right or wrong direction morally?____.wrong
Why? getting too materialistic mainly. also people in many places are totally ignorant to the outside world
Do you think that the world is currently an overall positive place?____.no
Why, or why not?most of the population on earth live in poor conditions in third world countries or are living under corrupt governments