Poll: Simple: Number One or Number Two
Poll Options
View poll results: Simple: Number One or Number Two
Number One
35 78%
Number Two
10 22%
Voters: 45.
I almost went with the second one, but I had to give it to the first...great job to both of you guys though.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Whoever did number one please post tab please.
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky Strings
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
These original compositions?

I voted number one, it's just smoother than number two, flows nice and gives a sense of calm. The second, while good, just doesn't deliver the same way as the first.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Number one. Both were good, but I felt more of a sense of form in the first one, with smoother use of techniques. Kudos to both, though.
"If faith is the answer we've already reached it
and if spirits a sign, then it's only a matter of time"
Quote by Tantalus
Number one. Both were good, but I felt more of a sense of form in the first one, with smoother use of techniques. Kudos to both, though.

Pretty much what I was thinking.
Bass is my life.
Me too. I like it that they played pretty much the same style, though. No. 1 was better. Better use of harmony. No. 2 seemed a bit jagged to me.
Hi, I'm Peter
Honestly, the fact only one has double tracking makes it a little hard to judge fairly. Its sort of an unjust advantage. But in any case, great work Applehead. Nice title . The droning/note choices work very well.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Do you guys have tabs of these two songs? Lol, they were awesome.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Both great, but gotta give it to Yertle on this one. Flowed a little smoother, but I love the darker feeling Applehead's tune gave off. Really great job guys, both of you.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Both were really good, but Yertle's was slightly better, a bit more, I don't know lyric? Both had that Sunday morning kind of feel, and I likes them both. Great job guys.
I'm going with Applehead's. I loved the intro. I'm much more into the overall feel than that of Yertle's. Good job, nonetheless.
Yertle's by default since the second one doesnt work as link anymore.

just bringing that to your attention there Apple.

also: can i get tabs or a GP file for these? heh

-DC

Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX
Digitech BP 80
Ibanez SW 20 / Ampeg BA 115
Squire Affinity Strat
Line 6 Spider IV 15
Applehead, if you could post yours somewhere else, "The download limit has been reached for this file."

EDIT: Oops, didn't notice Diablo had already mentioned it, hadn't refreshed the page since I first loaded it.

Double Edit: Thanks apple for fixing that.
Last edited by Crankymonky at Jan 8, 2007,
both were equally "eh...."
there was a bit of harmonic movement but there was no melodic substance to either piece, i found myself bored waiting for something to happen but it never did.
if i tell you a story and i repeat the same sentence over three times in a row it would be quite a boring story. yes? so why do that in a musical story. you have a setting and a cast(harmony). but no story to go with it.(melody)
just some constructive criticism...

but to choose.... # 1 was a bit better.
Music is a language. Learn it well before you use it or you'll just sound stupid.