Yertle 1
Applehead 0
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
Apple, I hear you didn't use layers afterall...
Both sound really nice. I'll have another listen tomorrow with a pair of decent headphones and a decent soundcard. (crappy laptop speakers...)
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
It's pretty obvious whos is whos.
But I'll listen and cast a fair vote anyway.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Real close guys, but Id have to say Yertle. Apple, I wouldve loved to hear what you could to that with layering.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Applehead wins for song name Yertle wins for actual quality. There were both very good, but Apple I found yours was awkward in some spots from mistkes or just ungraceful changes I don't know but Yertles just seemed to flow better. Both of you well done (showed me up...as if that was hard.)
yeah couple of ungraceful changes for sure. and yeah no layering! yertles is definitely better, well done man it's a nice piece. i'd like to hear it without the other layer though?
Ah man, didn't see this thread. I had the unfair advantage of layering. I wish I didn't have too, but the solo bits just didn't sound as good solo. I'll try to get a single track version up in a bit just for a more fair comparison.

Applehead's had a great, dreary tone with good note choices and good use of droning. There were a few choppy bits, but no more than my rhythmic **** ups and tone farts. My playing is a lot less fluid than I wish
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
I voted Applehead but I like Yertles more. I just feel that Applehead was at a disavantage without doubletracking. If you could do yertles one track, It'd be really sick.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
I guess I'm in the Minority here but although Yertles was much smoother overall I got to go with Apples just on feel. Good shit man, keep it coming.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
applehead, im afraid you got owned by yertle .. haha but still, great job by both of you guys !
haha...
Quote by mong12345
playtypus you save the day again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Theres always round three.........
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
(posted in theother thread)

the second link doesnt work
just bringing it to your attention.

also, i would love a GP file or some tabs for these.

-DC

Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX
Digitech BP 80
Ibanez SW 20 / Ampeg BA 115
Squire Affinity Strat
Line 6 Spider IV 15
dude, they are not to learn! there is no way i am gonna tab that out!

edit: i've updated the link, it works now
Last edited by Applehead at Jan 8, 2007,
Tab it out yourselves, slackass. Applehead's was more melodic, but Yertle's was recorded much better and played very nicely. It just seemed more like he knew what he was doing and was going to do. All layering considered, I still have to go with Yertle's. Both are fantastic, though.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."