hi guys

i cant find anyting which sounds right

i have an octave patern in a song which i am writting for my band and i am trying to figure out the harmony to it, i can't seem to nail it

could u guys give me a hand
it is in drop d

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------12-9-12-9-7-9----------4-5--------------5-7--------------------------------------
7---7-7----------------------3--33--------5---5-5--------------------------------------------------
7---7-7---10-7-10-7-5-7-3--33--2-3--5---5-5---3-5---------------------------------------------
7---7-7----------------------3--33--------5---5-5----------------------------------------------------

if you could help it would be great, cheers
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
i'll help start you out and see if you can figure out where to go.... first thing you need to do is identify the key you're in, you can do this by figuring out what notes are being used.... i see

A# G E D F B C

now collect these in order and you would have something like....

D E F G A# B C

it appears this resolves to D, therefore i started with D
which is essentially D minor with a # 5 (any theory guys out there care to name this scale? i'm not sure of one) i think this is essentially a hungarian minor scale.... but i could be wrong

oops, not a blues type scale my bad
also just the tab doesn't help us create a harmony for you as we would need to know note lengths. secondly, don't you think maybe you should create the harmony since it IS your song..... i would recommend just a D minor for this.
Last edited by z4twenny at Jan 5, 2007,
cheers mate, i have figured it out now!

and it has made me happy!!!

yessssssssss

thanku!

GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner