ok now i got some pickups called quadrail and dual rail, and i was wondering if anyone knows what the k rating is on these or where i can find them. by that i mean like 10k 12k not really sure what its called. thatnks for your time.
--Caleb
Quote by caughtinamosh
don't stick your penis in it

MY RIG!
Kramer Striker Custom FR-424 CM
B.c Rich Bronze Warlock
Johnson Electric Acoustic
Zoom GFX-1 Multi Effect pedal
Randall RX25
Behringer Distortion Pedal
check musicyo.com they should have it- if not email em theyve got really friendly customer service
k thanks
--Caleb
Quote by caughtinamosh

MY RIG!
B.c Rich Bronze Warlock
Randall RX25
what is the term fo rthe k rating? lie whats the k mean?
--Caleb
Quote by caughtinamosh

MY RIG!
B.c Rich Bronze Warlock
Randall RX25
^ d.c. resistance.

I haven't measured them, but I'm guesing the k-rating on the quad rails is pretty high. like around 20K.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok well how is 20 comparable to emg 81?
--Caleb
Quote by caughtinamosh

MY RIG!
B.c Rich Bronze Warlock
Randall RX25
It's pretty immaterial - the DC resistance isn't a measure of the pickups power - the output is governed by a whole load of factors, DC resistance being only one of them. The others are number of coils, magnet strength. Also the actual output is dependent on the string vibration, and some pickups are more sensitive to variations in it than others.

Also EMG's have an onboard preamp which means you can't compare them directly with passive pickups in that respect - they're always going to have higher output than passives.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
thanks
--Caleb
Quote by caughtinamosh

MY RIG!
B.c Rich Bronze Warlock
Randall RX25
^^ what steve/mark says is correct.

in terms of hotness, I'd say the quadrails are a bit less hot than the 81, but they're still in the "hot/distortion" camp. The Quadrail is noticeably hotter than my Swineshead Warthog, which is a reasonably (but not totally over the top) hot pickup, around 13K.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?