Ok, so yesterday I finished sanding down my old yamaha strat copy, the problem is how it looks, here take a look

LOOK AT IT! WTF>!??! Did I not sand it down right or something? I started with 120 grit, Im going to sand it down with 150 next. But what is up with all the different "colors" (I have no better way to say it. So please help, thanx a bunch.
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Uhh, looks to me like you did a kind of crappy sanding job
(sanded further down in the blotchy area's)

Lol, and it's a yamaha.
They're made of some real shit wood,
So some places where my guess wouldn't make sense
are due to yamaha's cheapness.
CTHC
if you are painting it you have nothing to worry about, you just sanded farther down in some areas than others. But if you want it to have a natural finish, just finish sanding it.

-edit- be careful around the screw holes
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Well, unless you're doing a natural finish, you have nothing to worry about, you just sanded farther down in some places than others, just sand it smooth and continue.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by TonyRandall
^way to say exactly what the person above said....

I didnt see him, asswipe
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
that is filler to fill in dips in the wood. I have worked on cars and it is basically the "bondo" of guitars. It is so a crappy guitar doesn't look crappy after it is painted. (no offense your guitar seeing as how mine is a POS right now)
that's the clear sealer, do as the other guys said, if you want a natural finish, sand through it and if you're going to paint it, paint over the sealer.
Thats just a sealer, its just a thick coat of lacquer used over the wood and sanded flat before primer. Its not the guitar, you just didnt' sand past the sealer yet, but unless your doing a water based aniline dye, you don't need to sand further. You can just primer right now if you want.
Quote by kaplac
Thats just a sealer, its just a thick coat of lacquer used over the wood and sanded flat before primer. Its not the guitar, you just didnt' sand past the sealer yet, but unless your doing a water based aniline dye, you don't need to sand further. You can just primer right now if you want.

I second this, I sanded my guitars body down last week, and the light spots are the ones where you sanded through the sealer, which is coloured for most paintjobs that don't have to show wood.
Gear:
Gibson les paul Studio faded, modded Buckethead style (killswitch, 1 tone, 1 vol)
Taylor Big Baby 306-GB
Modded Cort KX-5, runaway (neck) and warthog (bridge)
Laney VC-15
Digitech Bad Monkey, EH Big Muff, crybaby JH-1