i was looking at some high-end ibanez guitars, like the JEMs and the rgt220h and rgt220a (h is mahogany, a is ash). i wanted to know which was the better of the two JEMs and the better of the two rgt220's. i play through a mesa boogie triple rectifier, i use a digitech grunge pedal sometimes. i play all forms of metal and rock, except soft rock. thanks.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
ibanez rg 1527, i have it, works well for metal and shred
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
The RG's are the same except for the body material. This will give each guitar a slightly different sound so it depends on which you prefer.

As for the JEM's, again they are pretty much the same. The body material is different as are the pickups. This will make sound different form each other but the feel should be identical. Check out the specs on the website and then look up the pickup characteristics on the dimarzio site. Your best bet though is to play them all and see which you like best.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
i like the rgt220's because of the neck-through, really, and i think they look cool, good stock hardware and ive never tried the dimarzio ibz's, so anybody know anything good or bad about them?
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
For under $1,000, go for an RG1570/2550.

If your budget is a little higher, check out of the S Prestige or JS guitars.
I've heard a lot of people saying that no matter what, if you play a JEM, it sounds like Vai, which yeah isnt bad, because Vai is amazing, but i'd like other tones.
which would be better form the rg220's, ash or mahogany, for what i play? i use some heavy distortion, and rarely and cleans.
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
ohhh yeah, if you can do over 1,000 go for a satch model
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by punk_rocker101
which would be better form the rg220's, ash or mahogany, for what i play? i use some heavy distortion, and rarely and cleans.

then get mahagony, it has a darker sound
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
Quote by Austrorammer
then get mahagony, it has a darker sound

True,
but neither is better than the other.
Go play an Ash/Alder Guitar with a comparative Mahogany guitar, see which you prefer..
its all preference
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
rg2550, it's pretty much a basswood jem without monkey grip, deep trem cavity, or scalloped frets

All JEMs, with the exception of the 7VWH, are basswood.
Now everyone will come here and suggest each of the prestige models.....

Seriously, go try each one yourself, that way, you know which you like most...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Now everyone will come here and suggest each of the prestige models.....

Seriously, go try each one yourself, that way, you know which you like most...

Amen.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
I have the 220h and it is my favourite of the ones you listed, and i tried 3 of 4 of them. I recommend it.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
alright, cool, ive only played one ash guitar, it was a fender tele. it had decent tone, but nothing compared to the mahogany gibsons i tried, never tried the specific models im looking at, though i tried a JS1000, i think it was, and an rg of some sort, it was a hard tail. does anybody know anything about the dimarzio ibz pickups? i was thinking about swapping them to different dimarzios if they were no good.
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Personally I like the Dim. IBZ's in my 220. They cover all the bases pretty nicely and I would only really recommend swapping them if you're sure they dont fit the sounds you're trying to get. Mine sound just fine and I have no plans to put anything different in right now.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/