Page 1 of 2
I think these guys are awesome. Does anyone know if they're going to play any shows other than Deathfest in Maryland?
Quote by raise_the_dead
Technical farts in odd time signatures?

WTF do you eat?

Quote by metabolicmaggot
Wow these answers scare me....I've swallowed some of that suff....I need a shower.
i'm hoping they announce some tourdates soon, so i can judge whether or not theyll be in Europe later this year. hoping theyll play Wacken...
and yes, Cynic are beyond awesome
Cynic could make my first Wacken that bit a better experience.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Cynic could make my first Wacken that bit a better experience.

Then I would have to kill you for being able to see them there.

Cynic own.
Quote by HavenSake
Great band, but I think they get old pretty quickly.

That's probably due to the fact that they only made one full-length album, thus limiting their material significantly. Hopefully they would release a new one now that they've gotten back together; but I also hope they get rid of those annoying robot vocals.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
The robot vocals is what makes Cynic, Cynic. I love everything the band has done personally and would chop an emo kids face into cubes to see them play.
I've found Jesus
Cynic got back together? When the hell did this happen?
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
Quote by BadBishop
Cynic got back together? When the hell did this happen?

Quoted from wikipedia:

"On September 6th 2006, Blabbermouth reported that Cynic would be making a comeback in the spring/summer of 2007, beginning with possible U.S. warm-up performances including the Maryland Deathfest in Baltimore and culminating in a number of festival appearances across Europe. Supposedly Cynic's planned reunion lineup will include Paul Masvidal (vocals, guitar) and Sean Reinert (drums, keys) alongside Tony Teegarden (vocals, keyboards), Chris Kringel (bass) and Santiago Dobles (guitar). [1] On November 27th, 2006, it was announced that Cynic would appear at Maryland Deathfest in May 2007."
I've found Jesus
I didn't know Santa Clause played bass for Cynic. Hence my poor selection of Christmas gifts last year.

On a serious note I thought Tommoy Choy played bass for Cynic AND Atheist.
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
Tony Choy you mean?

There's one thing I'm confused about though.

Didn't Choy play for Cynic? Then I hear Sean Malone did as well. What's the timeline here...?
I've found Jesus
choy played on two demos but left before focus, which malone played on
My sig is better than yours
Quote by Snyper
choy played on two demos but left before focus, which malone played on

Thanks for clearing that up. I was always confused on whether Choy or Malone played for Cynic.
Quote by BigRudy
Malone didn't want to do it and Choy is still working with Atheist (if they are still working), perhaps?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Awesome, I didn't know they had gotten back together either. I would love to see them live, but being a poor college kid without a car it's not very likely, but if they would release another album that would be awesome.
I hope they play Bloodstock or some UK orientated event.
Quote by Spynal

Man, if only we could have a thread dedicated to recommendations, that would be sweet. Maybe, we could call it ... The Hugfest .... no, that's no good? Metal-O-Rama? Nah.... oh wait.

I've got it...
The Official Metal Recommendation Thread
I heard Cynic for the first time the other day. The only thing that kept me from buying that cd was the robot vocals, sorry to say..
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Instrumetal
I heard Cynic for the first time the other day. The only thing that kept me from buying that cd was the robot vocals, sorry to say..

Get used to it.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Instrumetal
its called a vocoder.
I'd say that Masvidal's other band, Portal, would be very liked by people who are searching for an alternative for Cynic, i.e. no robot vocals or growls.
Portal is pretty much a more mellow Cynic, same atmosphere and approach.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
Vocoders can sound damn cool - I love the one in FL Studio, and I have no problem with a sound like that so it's all good.
-Mike
What are everyones favourite Cynic songs?

I can't decide between: Sentiment, Textures, and How Could I.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
What are everyones favourite Cynic songs?

I'm a Veil of Maya guy, although there's not really a song I don't like.
veil or textures.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Since Cynic are playing download now , what are some good songs to start with them?
They only have one album... It's pretty much awesome all the way through.
Quote by dead-fish
They only have one album... It's pretty much awesome all the way through.

QFT
-Mike
Quote by Instrumetal

perhaps you would like the old old old stuff...it was basically death metal
Quote by dead-fish
I'd say that Masvidal's other band, Portal, would be very liked by people who are searching for an alternative for Cynic, i.e. no robot vocals or growls.
Portal is pretty much a more mellow Cynic, same atmosphere and approach.

I actually like the Portal songs more than the Cynic songs.

Cynic still rule, though.
How Could I, I'm But A Wave To..., and Celestial Voyage would have to be my favourite Cynic tracks.
Quote by BadBishop

On a serious note I thought Tommoy Choy played bass for Cynic AND Atheist.

forgive me if im wrong but i thought Tony Choy was Pestilence as well :S

Great band, the "robot vocals" are what makes Cynic different from other death metal bands, and it suits their atmospheric approach

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
Last edited by sevenchurches at May 15, 2007,
^ Im pretty sure Choy played bass on Testimony of the Ancients. Not sure about the other albums though.

As for Cynic, I love their album. Everything about it is near perfect. My favourite song is definetely Veil of Maya. I can listen to it's solo forever.

Has anybody heard of Malone's band, Gordian Knot. Great instrumental Jazz influenced metal. Not very heavy. They even have a track, A Shaman's Whisper, where all the guys from Cynic play.
please excuse any typos or grammatical errors in the above post.

My Last.fm
i had no idea they were came back. i thought that after Paul and Sean went to record "Human" that Cynic was done for
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
Page 1 of 2