I've been looking around at amps and i've decided that i'd like to go tube. I've played on quite a few tubes, mostly friend's peaveys, that have sounded nice but i havent gotten to play them extensively to decide what is best. I'd like the marshall tone so i've been looking at those, but fenders are also in my options. I'd also like for them to be fairly loud. Something that i can get a tone sort of like Duane Allman's live tone almost. I play every genre so also something very versatile, from jazz to ska to blues to metal. My main guitar is a gibson es-335. any ideas would be great
Mesa Boogie F-50

/thread
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
I suggest checking out the mark IV, versatile amp I hear.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
You also could get it used then spend the rest of the money on effect and such.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by TJM2482
All I saw was Peavey and $1600.

JSX!

x5000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000006.2

Excellent amp, and extremely versatile, you can go from blues to Metal on this thing, try to find it used and you might be able to get yourself a nice cab, if not, the combo is also very sexy!
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Yeah you can get the Peavey JSX combo for about $1,600, and it will play ANYTHING you want it to play. Very versitile amp.
Quote by dementedpuppy
Mesa Boogie F-50

/thread

i hate people who post "/thread". it's retarded.

anyway, what's your budget? also, with a semi-hollow, that might not be the best guitar for metal, you might get some feedback etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Mesa boogie f-50 is an excellent allrounder actually
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.
^ it's not bad, but for $1600, I could do a lot better. IMO.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i hate people who post "/thread". it's retarded.

anyway, what's your budget? also, with a semi-hollow, that might not be the best guitar for metal, you might get some feedback etc.

well i have the strat for metal, i dont play it much though and when i do it's more along the lines of maiden than pantera
^ i guess some of the less metal engls may be worth a look (screamer/blackmore/thunder), perhaps.

How much metal do you play, though, as a percentage? what (rough!) percentages do you play of other stuff?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ i wouldn't buy a tsl with the prices you guys have to pay in the states. heck, i wouldn't buy a tsl for the price we have to pay over here. Each to his own, I suppose... but a dsl would do a thrashy tone better than a tsl, IMO. if you HAD to go modern Marshall.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?