I recently purchased two new pickups for my guitar. The pickups I chose are Seymour Duncan Sh-2 (for the neck) and SH _5 (for the bridge). So I talked about my dad about taking it to the shop to get them put in but he looked at the wiring diagram and said even I could do it (by the way I'm 13). So it seems simple enough but there's one catch, I opened up the back of my guitar and everything made sense except for the fact that, the Seymour Duncan Diagram says to solder the red and the white wire. But in my guitar (the emgs) the black and the white wires are soldered together. So should go with the same wiring is in my guitar or as the diagram says?

P.S. Should I worried at all about somethign breaking if my dad has a ph. D in electric engineering?
go to seymourduncan.com and
follow seymour duncan for best results
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
lol I would do the wiring on the seymour duncan dealy-o, and if you were to screw it up, your dad could revive the beast.
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
Quote by I likeallguitar
P.S. Should I worried at all about somethign breaking if my dad has a ph. D in electric engineering?

I have a sneaking suspicion tht you'll be fine.
i'd go with the diagram because i've just replaced a few pickups in some of my guitars and the colors of the wires are always different from brand to brand