Im thinking about getting one of these as my second guitar and possibly upgrading the pups? good idea?

also does musiciansfriend ship to the uk?
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
all you save is liable to be eroded by postage and customs even if they do ship.

i'd avoid it to be honest, the trem is pretty poor. go with the s470 instead. but i would advise against ordering online, the korean ibanez' quality control is a bit dodgy.

or else save up for an rg1570, or get a 1570 or 570 (or 1550 or 550) second hand.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Im not necessarily planning on ordering online, im just trying to find the lowest price I can to haggle with in the shop (and if I need to plan in shipping costs or if it wont be shipped).

Also I dont want to have to wait another year before I get my guitar (shows u how much cash I get) so thats why I want to replace the pups on a less expensive guitar, as I can do that more gradually.
Quote by Rockstar12345
^ the tremolo is the problem, though, doesn't matter how good the pickups are if it won't stay in tune.

the s470 is a similar price, i thought? maybe not.

but if you're on a budget, i'd consider the rg321 or sz series, or some of the hardtail lags. Those cheap trems are no fun, take it from me (I had/have one).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the s470 is over 100£ more so thats a no sadly. The rg321 is nice and is affordable, but I rather liked the H/S/H arrangement. Im going to the shop today to try out the rg350 and while im there ill try the rg321 aswell.

Thanks for the Help
Quote by Rockstar12345
Quote by Mechanixx
Im thinking about getting one of these as my second guitar and possibly upgrading the pups? good idea?

also does musiciansfriend ship to the uk?

no they dont. try www.thomann.de

their prices rock
Quote by Mechanixx
the s470 is over 100£ more so thats a no sadly. The rg321 is nice and is affordable, but I rather liked the H/S/H arrangement. Im going to the shop today to try out the rg350 and while im there ill try the rg321 aswell.

Thanks for the Help

The S470 is £100 more than the RG350? That's not right.

http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/electric/387-ibanez_s470

http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/electric/382-ibanez_rg350dx

Only £40 difference...
Quote by zwound

their prices rock

I was looking on that very website, so thats where I have the 100£ price difference from
Quote by Rockstar12345
hey also look on www.imuso.co.uk there aswom, they give you a free hardcase alot of the time and also check www.gak.co.uk there prices tend to be higher, unless they got a deal on wich happens all the time. and theres alway ebay!!!! i love that shop...
ibanez rga121 ntf prestige
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
also does zzounds ship to the Uk?
Quote by Rockstar12345
It's not usually worth buying Japanese brands from the states, only the US ones...also it's often not worthwhile for cheaper guitars - the savings only really come into play when you're paying a bit more. Anyway, on top of the price you have to add the shipping, which will probably be around $100, 17.5% VAT and 3% import duty.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Mechanixx
Im not necessarily planning on ordering online, im just trying to find the lowest price I can to haggle with in the shop (and if I need to plan in shipping costs or if it wont be shipped).

Haggling is all well and good but you wont be able to haggle them down on oversea's prices. The cost of which they can sell equipment (this usually goes for any product) is diffrent in each country. Infact, nearly every guitar shop I've been in wont compair prices to which you see online elsewhere either... So I suggest you make up a price that a shop is doing somewhere else instead of saying "I can get this online for £xxx" as it most likely wont work.
Quote by vowel
Haggling is all well and good but you wont be able to haggle them down on oversea's prices. The cost of which they can sell equipment (this usually goes for any product) is diffrent in each country. Infact, nearly every guitar shop I've been in wont compair prices to which you see online elsewhere either... So I suggest you make up a price that a shop is doing somewhere else instead of saying "I can get this online for £xxx" as it most likely wont work.

its worked for me before at the same shop so I dont see why it should again. Also I have only 2 shops near me and they both dont have the widest range, and they dont stock the same stuff.
Quote by Rockstar12345
Ive got the RG350 lots of people here mention that it has a poor tremolo. While ive had it ive found it does go out of tune sometimes but i use the the trem alot but its not tht big of a deal everything else on the guitar feels, sounds and looks great. You could just replace the tremolo later anyway im planning on doing that but much later.
Yeah, I looked at these too. For a guitar you're going to hold onto, the trem is the weak spot. Better of with the RG321 fixed bridge or stepping up to an S470 as mentioned are the RG1570 or used 570, 550, as mentioned.

I'd really like to upgrade my GSA60 to an RG321...I'd have the best of both worlds then between the 321 and the 1570.
My stuff...

Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez GSA60
Vox AD30VT
Just go to one of the shops or phone them up and ask them if they can order in the guitar. If they can, ask them if they can price match you with internet stores. Good stores would do this, and it's more reliable than ordering online.
I bought an RG350DX just as Ibanez was 'upgrading' the 350. I got mine with the 'upgrades' and for the original price, I paid $299 for it, great deal if you ask me. The 350 used to be equipped with Ibanez Powersound pickups, they now come with Ibanez Infinity p-ups, still nothing great at all. I forget what else they changed, I think it was the neck. I definitely recommend trying them out. I tried a few RG350's and none of them felt the same. Mine doesn't have as flat of a neck as most I've tried, and the frets and fretwire were a big larger than the others I tried. I used the RG350 as a project guitar, it came out great. The only thing left that I want to change (down the road) is the neck. I'll have a custom neck with a maple fretboard and some sort of custom inlay made.

People don't realize Ibanez' factory setups suck. You'll need to set the guitar up yourself. When I 1st got it, the Edge III trem was a little stiff and didn't return to the correct pitch. After diving it would be a little flat and after raising it would be a little sharp. Lubricate the studs and knife edges and the trem is much smoother. I haven't had any problems with it since, no problems with it going out of tune after heavy use.
Quote by zwound

their prices rock

not for ibanez unfortunately, for any I was looking at, ibanez were cheaper in the UK.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?