10 11%
Nay
37 42%
Couldn't give a toss.
41 47%
Voters: 88.
Page 1 of 2
What's everyones opinions on emos?

I am one ( ) so I got nothing against it really.

Does anyone actually give a shit anymore?
R E G G A E
No.
Not again.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Emo is a genre of music. I belive the word you're looking for is "scene kid."
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

It's an emo! Kill it!
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I think that you started this thread to make a flame war. Get over yourself.

I personally dont care what others do with their hair, wrists, or tastes in music personally.

/thread
Not Enough AssHatery
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Emo is a genre of music. I belive the word you're looking for is "scene kid."

Correct!

i bet the threadstarter loves bands like bring me the horizon and alexisonfire.
Quote by willpulman_172
This dude is brilliant.

do you cut yourself for attention?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
If you think that being sorry for yourself, destroying your body, and dressing cross gender is good for you and your reputation, than I hate you. If you conform to a scene just to be cool, then I hate you.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
Quote by Jordmo
Correct!

Alexisonfire is scene music now?
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by willpulman_172
No.

then you're not emo you just dress emo because you want to be different even though a whole lot of people a trying to be diferent these days
<//////>~
Quote by Jordmo
Correct!

Bring Me The Horizon - Yes
Alexisonfire - Get that shit away from me.
R E G G A E
Quote by myself101
then you're not emo you just dress emo because you want to be different even though a whole lot of people a trying to be diferent these days

Not all emos slit. The insane ones that believe that Satan is their father do.
R E G G A E
Quote by willpulman_172
Not all emos slit. The insane ones that believe that Satan is their father do.

dont you hate getting paid out every day for being emo though?
<//////>~
Quote by willpulman_172
What do you mean by paid out?

made fun of, mocking, laughing at
<//////>~
I always ignored them, but I still think they are idiots. That trend as well as nu-metal and mall-goths have seriously died down though. I wonder what the next level of idiocy will be?
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by Brandon860
Alexisonfire is scene music now?

yeah i seen a few scene kids having them at the top with '<3' on it and all that crap.

enter shikari are another one....
Quote by myself101
made fun of, mocking, laughing at

People at my school used to do it.

They are all wannabe "gangstas", and they try and pick on me to be "hard". I didn't care when it happens, and I wouldn't care now. I am how I am, if you don't like it fair enough, your call, but don't bitch to me about it. I'm not gonna change for you.

/rant.
R E G G A E
there is a good and a bad side to emo just like everything else there will always be kids who like dressing up like that and like the music because they just do and there will always be kids who do it for attention and run around cutting thereselfs END OF DISCUSSION
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Quote by willpulman_172
People at my school used to do it.

They are all wannabe "gangstas", and they try and pick on me to be "hard". I didn't care when it happens, and I wouldn't care now. I am how I am, if you don't like it fair enough, your call, but don't bitch to me about it. I'm not gonna change for you.

/rant.

i would hate to live in america, the war between the ganstas and the emos, there is hardly any here they hang around in queen street (in the city)
<//////>~
Quote by AzureNight
I always ignored them, but I still think they are idiots. That trend as well as nu-metal and mall-goths have seriously died down though. I wonder what the next level of idiocy will be?

i hate when people call certain bands nu metal just because they're heavy but they can't find a catagory to fit them in, i know this has nothing to do with this thread but i just needed to get that out
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Quote by myself101
i would hate to live in america, the war between the ganstas and the emos, there is hardly any here they hang around in queen street (in the city)

I live in the UK.

It's worse here, you get the chavs who try to act cool to slutty, spotty chav girls who think smoking is 'ard. And they grunt things at you in their semi-language. But chavs are hated by everyone, and us scene kids / emos are dangerously close to being stuck up for
R E G G A E
lol would it be class if u could a "build ur own emo kit" lol make ur self in emo in minutes!..emos are ok,its when u find wanna be emos! dear god help me i want to strangle them!
ibanez rga121 ntf prestige
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
Quote by rockon200
lol would it be class if u could a "build ur own emo kit" lol make ur self in emo in minutes!..emos are ok,its when u find wanna be emos! dear god help me i want to strangle them!

Dependant on what you mean by "wannabe" I could agree with you entirely, or lose all respect for your opinion.
R E G G A E
The only ones that irritate me are the ones that claim they're bisexual, and then push me away when I try to make out with them/ grab their crotch.

Liars...
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.
There's a difference between wrist cutters, and scene kids. And, just for the record, there's no such thing as an EMO. That's the genre of music, and the people that get associated with that type of music just get called that.

As I was saying....

Wrist cutters - psycopaths. Have issues.
Scene kids - Dress a certain way, are associated with emo (emotive hardcore) music.

There's nothing wrong with being scene. Just like there's nothing wrong with being a metal head. You dress/act a certain way, you like it. And plus they're just generally nice people.
I really like a few emo bands... like funeral for a friend and the used.

Seems to be two different kinda of emo music now... the usually heavier, more emotional stuff... then theres the scene emo's like falloutboy and p!atd (tbh i like sugar were going down and i write sins not tragedys... but thats just about it) who are more about how sooooo haaawwwt they look in their tight pants
Quote by xDie_Romanticx
yes everyone and my school says im a scene kid so w/e their words not mine

I don't doubt 'em though.
Quote by Ignite
There's a difference between wrist cutters, and scene kids. And, just for the record, there's no such thing as an EMO. That's the genre of music, and the people that get associated with that type of music just get called that.

As I was saying....

Wrist cutters - psycopaths. Have issues.
Scene kids - Dress a certain way, are associated with emo (emotive hardcore) music.

There's nothing wrong with being scene. Just like there's nothing wrong with being a metal head. You dress/act a certain way, you like it. And plus they're just generally nice people.

Respect + 464364364367848536242364.
R E G G A E
Quote by Constantine
The only ones that irritate me are the ones that claim they're bisexual, and then push me away when I try to make out with them/ grab their crotch.

Liars...

yuck! i would push away too!
<//////>~
Quote by willpulman_172
Dependant on what you mean by "wannabe" I could agree with you entirely, or lose all respect for your opinion.

lol like they try to look hard, wear the emo clothes listen to my chemical romance (the only band they know of/listen to because they wanna look emo)etc..(the person im refering to was a bit of a slut before :P)
ibanez rga121 ntf prestige
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
Quote by Constantine

Liars...

Bisexuality appears to be a trend. I never see what it has to do with being scene / emo.
R E G G A E
Page 1 of 2