I just saw the "November Rain" video on VH1 Classic and it reminded me of how much I loved his tone, what settings would I need to obtain this on a peavey Valveking?
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
you cant, he uses marshalls and the valveking is voiced very differently from a marshall.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I can try
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Fender Tuner
yeah, id say jack up the mid, pus the bass at about 12 o'clock and the treble at like 1 o'clock

Last.fm
Don't use alot of gain either...Just enough to get a good sustain.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
and if the VK has a good adjustable bias put EL34s in it, that will help a bit.

Last.fm
naw, I dont wanna do that, it takes standard 6L6's, Im thinking on replacing the 12AX7's they are really muddy after 5 w/ the boost on, are the tubes? the problem
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Fender Tuner
Quote by synester_gates
naw, I dont wanna do that, it takes standard 6L6's, Im thinking on replacing the 12AX7's they are really muddy after 5 w/ the boost on, are the tubes? the problem

Yes. 6L6's are metal tubes. If you want a slashy/marshall sound you have to put in EL34's..but I don't know if the VK even supports them.

As for the 12AX7's...call eurotubes...and ask them whats the best for your need. Theres countless different kinds of preamp tubes within the 12AX7 family.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by synester_gates

im pretty sure you can mod it to take EL34s without a problem, thats the only way youre going to get close, and yeah the stock tubes and speaker are both horrible.

Last.fm
I know near to nothing about the differences of valves, but surely with a les paul u must to be able to get pretty close to the slash tone right?
The amp is the deciding factor on the tone.

Sure, the guitar might help a bit. But the majority of the tone is coming from your amplifier.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five