Page 1 of 5
Well today my Enlgish class were having a discussion on t-shirts that people wear to express their opinion.There was a kid who bought a shirt opposing Bush at an anti-war rally and wore it to school. The principal made him go home and change, but he refused. He took this to court and on the second appeal he won.

Now there was someone in California who wore a t-shirt (he was one of those hardcore Christians) that said, "Abortion is homocide. You will not shame my God. Stop killing my generation." He was told not to wear it, took it to court, and suprisingly got split decisions, but was ruled against his favor.

Here are some other cases that were taken to court over controversial t-shirts.

1. "Goerge W. Bush, International Terrorist"
2. "Abortion Is Murder" (ruled in favor of the person wearing it)
3. Anti Nazi, with a swastika and a circle with a red line going diagnoly.
4. "You know if you're a redneck if....." by Jeff Foxworthy.
5. "Bong hits 4 Jesus" ( a personel favorite )
6. NRA shirt
So UG, what are your thoughts on this issue?
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Last edited by Soul Power at Jan 5, 2007,
I wore a shirt with holocaust pictures on the front and a big swastika on the back to school and no one said anything. Your thread is thus invalid.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by AzureNight
I wore a shirt with holocaust pictures on the front and a big swastika on the back to school and no one said anything. Your thread is thus invalid.

And what did wearing that shirt accomplish?
Fucking hell.

What ever happened to free speech? I mean, I can understand shirts with cussing on them, but seriously, why the fuck would anyone have a problem with an anti-Nazi shirt? Or the redneck one? That doesn't make any sense.
Sucking Sucks.
Zeppelinism Extremist, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

...and the victim screameth, saying "Hast thou not heard of elastoplast?!"
Quote by wylde_overdrive

Victory.
Quote by wylde_overdrive

I think it made people see him for the truly worthless piece of shit that he is.
Quote by Draken
that 0/10 was for gonzo slash, i despise him.
N.W.A Is Fucking Up The Program
Co-Leader Of The League Of Toxicity33, Kankuro And Dr. Gonzo Slash
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Gonzo, you're a cool dude.
my friend got a t-shirt made that said "eat a bag of shit"

some teachers thought it was funny. he wore it a few times to school before he got in trouble for it ha.
^
Quote by AzureNight
Victory.

Victory against what?
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
They made you change it not because it was innapropriate, but because its butt-ass ugly.
Quote by Draken
Quote by OneHappyCamper

yeah i know, i mean, people get away with wearing corona and guinness shirts all the time in my school, but the day i wair a hoodie that says pwn(star picture here), i have to take it off... i dont get why they dont let us wear hats to school either, butt ****ing department of education!

i saw some hardcore punker wear a shirt that had a picture of bush's face on it, and it read: BUSH, just another name for ****, and incase the filther blocked that out it said TNUC backwards...twas pretty kewl, and he even got to wear it just because he use a post-it to block out the "U", god damn ass heads.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
My friend got sent home one day for wearing a home made Leftover Crack t-shirt that said "One dead cop, no more doughnut shops" lol.

He said the conversation went something like this:
Administrator: Take that shirt off.
Him: Why?
Admin: What does the message mean to you?
Him: Well ma'am, I believe it means that we should kill cops. Just a guess though.
Admin: Do you agree with this?
Him: Why not?
Admin: *BAN*

Why WOULD you want to kill a cop if it equals No More Donut Shops? Then where would Yngwie eat?
Quote by Draken
Quote by OneHappyCamper

I go to a Christian school so I'm not allowed to even wear a T-shirt, but I break the rules anyways and wear sband shirts.
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
Quote by Dr. Gonzo Slash
They made you change it not because it was innapropriate, but because its butt-ass ugly.

unless you've played CS before:

1. you wouldn't get the reference.
2. stfu.
3. even if you have played cs, stfu.
Quote by dantiberian
Victory against what?

The ZOG, of course. I had to make the Fuhrer proud, with my shirt, combat boots and bald head.
Quote by AzureNight
Victory.

And I guess it all depends where you live. A person wearing a pro-choice shirt that lives in a more liberal state will likely get a ruling in their favor, and vice versa...
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Last edited by Dirtydeeds468 at Jan 5, 2007,
I really don't care, no one tells me what shirt to or not to wear, 2nd I HATE ALL POLITICS the political game is boring as hell to me, I don't want to wear a shirt with anything political on it about abortion or bush or war, or anything that I think is uncool. And on the kid who had that abortion shirt, jesus, how can you feel so strongly about something, that also includes the other people, complaining about shit then taking it to court, wasting tax dollars, YOUR OPINION IS MEANING LESS TO THE WORLD, NO ONE GIVES A DAMN, YOUR WEIRD AND SHUT THE **** UP.
Last edited by stratkat at Jan 5, 2007,
Quote by altronataku
you have to admit, that was pretty funny.

What was funny?
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia

HEY you sigged me? I've never been sigged before, and I've been on this forum for a year and 5 months!

Well there ya go!
Quote by Draken
Quote by OneHappyCamper

to the nazi GO SHOVE A SPORK UP YOUR ASS BASTARD. now getting on......my school makes you turn your shirt inside out if they think it's inappropriate

edit:sorry i've been wanting to tell someone to shove a spork up their ass for quite a while
if at first you dont succeed....FAILURE MUST BE YOUR STYLE
Last edited by Unbending_Soul at Jan 5, 2007,
Quote by altronataku
should i keep this sig?

VVVV

Yeah. It gets funnier everytime.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
I had to take off a Guns 'N' Roses shirt because it had a few guns on it. That pissed me off, because they were just pics of the barrells of guns. It's not like some shirt with guns on it means the next Columbine is going to happen.

This shirt
Last edited by dr_chainsaw0 at Jan 5, 2007,
Some people are daft as hell. Cheers to those who at least realized the sarcasm. Plus I got sigged.
i wear lots of shirts with violent images them and i get away with it i don't think my school cares too much i have an Iron Maiden shirt with Eddie on it holding a bloody axe

and one that has an evil smiling skull on it and it says sinner on it because I'm strongly anti religion i think its the stupidest thing on the earth right now and I also wear band T shirts such as Maiden or Blind Guardian because I'm a proud metal fan and I like to show that I'm a fan of such music that makes me feel so empowered.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Quote by AzureNight
Some people are daft as hell. Cheers to those who at least realized the sarcasm. Plus I got sigged.

you deserved it. lol.
Quote by Shredder6
i wear lots of shirts with violent images them and i get away with it i don't think my school cares too much i have an Iron Maiden shirt with Eddie on it holding a bloody axe

and one that has an evil smiling skull on it and it says sinner on it because I'm strongly anti religion i think its the stupidest thing on the earth right now and I also wear band T shirts such as Maiden or Blind Guardian because I'm a proud metal fan and I like to show that I'm a fan of such music that makes me feel so empowered.

You shouldn't be wearing that because the band sucked. If I were principal I wouldn't let anyone wear a Maiden shirt.
Quote by Izz
You shouldn't be wearing that because the band sucked. If I were principal I wouldn't let anyone wear a Maiden shirt.

weren't you just showing your disdain for nazism like a minute ago?
Got my Children of Bodom t-shirt that says on the back : "We're the hate crew, we stand and we won't fall. **** you! We'll fight 'till the last hit. And we sure as hell, ain't taking no shit"

No one seems to care yet
Quote by Izz

well that's your opinion and its wrong so i don't care
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Quote by Izz

First of all, maiden doesn't suck. They started millions of todays metal cliches. And two, even if you did get a job as a principal, you'd probly get fired for pulling a Micheal Jackson.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Digitech RP100
Kustom RC30
Jazz III picks

Quote by Jaysifer
well i just got owned *hats off to rocktolive*

Quote by restless_thrash
goodness, rocktolive! that's the most intelligent thing i've heard in the pit since Jackal58 came up with sliced e-cookie!
I support some of these t-shirts . As long as it isn't about racism or Nazism or promoting things of those sorts, the person should be allowed there views on the subjects.
one did wear a cradle of filth shirt saying

'Jesus is a C**t!'

that did turn some heads..

just imagine the RE teacher's face when she saw that
Quote by rocktolive
First of all, maiden doesn't suck. They started millions of todays metal cliches. And two, even if you did get a job as a principal, you'd probly get fired for pulling a Micheal Jackson.

OWNED! I especially liked the part about accusing him for pulling a Michael Jackson.

I wore the Killers shirt a lot in highschool, never got in shit, got a lot of highfives and awkward stares though.
Page 1 of 5