I have about 500-550 bucks to put on a new amp setup. I'm thinking maybe the Valvking 112. I play in a hard rock band and also a more classic rock oriented band, so I'm thinking that a VK with a bad monkey should cover all of these tones needed.

Any thoughts on this.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
nope. its an analog od on a tube, try the VK 112 and a Ibanez TS-9, it will run you about. . .$500 plus shipping or tax
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
I can actually get these at a guitar store not too far away, so shipping shouldn't be a concern.

I've heard the BM was a TS copy basically. Anyone wanna gimme some info here?
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
dont know about this monkey of badness that you speak of, but i own the vk 112, and although it puts out just about any tone you can handle, on top of volume that will literally cause your ass to implode on itself, it is probably the best/cheapest tube amp you can get for the money.

and im serious about the volume, i put mine any higher than 2/10 and it hurts my ears, i'd hate to see what this bad boy does at the nursing homes.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
^ lol at imploding asses

And my Hot Rod is the same way with volume
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
Yeh, I've played one of them before. I just want a thicker gain sound on it, and I was wondering if the BM would work for this type of thing.
Quote by Zeppelin71
^ The bad monkey's a great little OD, also try a Boss SD1 which is the same price. If you want a fatter tone you could also try an eq pedal
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Yeh, I've thought about an EQ pedal too. I probably won't have much money left after and amp and od, so I thought about maybe a Behringer one. I saw some good things about them in a thread a few days ago.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Play the amp for an extended period of time before you decide that you need a pedal for it
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i bought one and its great on my tube combo
i say definately get it, its a great pedal.
by itself, it has a classic rock sound, and with distortion as a boost, its insane.
its makes my solos super charged. adds like 2 mins of liquid sustain to notes too.
and its only 60 dollars!
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
nope. its an analog od on a tube, try the VK 112 and a Ibanez TS-9, it will run you about. . .$500 plus shipping or tax

The TS9 is also an analog od....a very good one granted.

The bad monkey should work fine, also look at the Boss OD3 and BD2...just mess with a few.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the bad monkey is a great pedal
just dont get frustrated with it
it takes a while getting used to it
1984 MIJ Contemporary Fender Stratocaster
Fender Deluxe 40watt Tube
Boss DS-1
DOD Vintage Phasor
Digitech Bad Monkey