Not long ago i decided to see what all the fuss was about around floyd rose bridges. I bought myself (a not too expensive) Ibanez RG350EX. I have now realised that floyd roses for the most part are a pain in the arse, but i think i have got mine under control. I was just wondering if anyone has any specific tips on how to look after guitars that have these, what i feel are seriously over rated, bridges and how to get the most out of my guitar.
Well there not seriously over-rated, there the best out there, flat out fact...**IF you like a floating tremelo. I will agree with you and say i dont like them and i cant stand mine. And im sure everyone on the planet will agree with you when you say theyre a pain in the ass. I never even touch mine, the only reason i have one is the guitar i got it on was an excellent deal. I wont buy one again, or let alone a tremelo again. Ill stick with my hardtails, but id also like to try a hipshot, i really think those are cool. Oh and have you changed strings on the FR yet? if not, dont. F*** tone, who needs it anyhow? lol that sucks. the only thing i like about the tremelo is the locking nut and fine tuners. anyhow, forget that rant, i dont really know how to take care of one as i literally never use it. just make sure that if you are using it, and here wood creaking, stop, as iff that wasnt common sense.
- Always set it up properly
- Do not apply too much pressure to it (9s/hybrid stings are ok, 10s is a bit pushing *Estandard tuning)
- Make sure its always parallel to the body
- Lubricate the sides of the action studs + knife edges
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I like mine alot, but I have to have an extra guitar for alternate tunings. I just suggest setting it up how you like ti, with the strings you like, and staying with that same brand/size of strings.
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
That is why you should look into alternatives like Kahlers and ZR trems.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
yea listen to mad picking he is like a floyd rose god lol.
--Caleb
Quote by caughtinamosh
don't stick your penis in it

MY RIG!
Kramer Striker Custom FR-424 CM
B.c Rich Bronze Warlock
Johnson Electric Acoustic
Zoom GFX-1 Multi Effect pedal
Randall RX25
Behringer Distortion Pedal
actually sk8boardbob2 is right, i have a kahler on my custom and its a lot nicer than the floyd rose IMO