Page 1 of 2
Ok. Before I start, I know people are going to have a go at me, because I'm asking for your advice, thats right I'm asking for advice from THE PIT!??!!?
But everysingle one of you is the smartest people I've seen, and i dont feel worthy.

BUT NOW...

Right for a long time I've wanted a drumkit (I played drums for 2 years and I now play again)

but also

My PS2 retired the other day (broke) and theres no means of fixing it. Ive wanted an xbox 360 for a while, having played it and loving it.

Heres where it gets difficult.

My friend has offered me a good drumkit with full cymbal sets and new skins and new bass pedal. Its a kit I play reguarly and would love to have for myself. Hes charged me a good price, I wont say, because price isnt an issue here, its which one i get!

After this, I was browsing Amazon, and noticed they have an xbox 360, and I can afford it! But my dreams of a drumkit would be diminished as he is desperate to sell it soon.

SO heres the dilemma. XBOX 360 OR NEW DRUMKIT???

Its up to you, and cheers in advance!!
DRUMKIT!!!an xbox you can only have fun on for so long you really would regret it if you play the drums regularly thats my opinion
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Drumkit.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Drumkit, easily. The xbox will always be there. A good drumkit, not so much.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
drums ... no question

i was in your situation with a ps2 (a long time ago) i got the drums, it was the best decision i ever made
Quote by scheck006
If UG had rep I'd give it to you.

Quote by zetaspartan2552
sounds like your mom suffers from mental retardation.

Gear:

Fender Precision Bass
Epiphone LP Special
Peavey Special 212 Guitar Amp
Cube-100 Bass Amp
Line 6 Floor Pod
Bongos
drumkit! you stupid *******

I put my tobacco under my upper lip, just like anyone would do.

Yamaha RGX A2, Fender FM 212R.
yeah, i have 2 360's, dont worry i didnt buy either, but the only game i play on it is halo2, which seems to be the only reg. xbox game that works w/ the 360. other than that, the only good games out for 360 are dead rising, oblivion, and perfect dark zero, all the other games are absolute shit! now unless u get xbox live, that might change, but i would go w/ the drumkit. with drums you dont have to worry about no batteries for controlers, or if the power is out, or if the game is scratched and wont run, and on top of that, drums will perhaps allow you to be something in the world....that is if u get in a band, that happens to be really good, and just happens to get signed to a record label, and your demo is halfway decent, and people actually buy into your band, but hey, its worth it eh?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Being on a music oriented forum, I probably should say drumkit.

But i love my 360 to death.

EDIT: Person above me lies! Gears of War, in my opinion, is the Halo killer they've been looking for.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Drumkit.
Member #11 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join

Quote by MuffinMan
Women: the newest form of currency.
Quote by Buckethead5
drumkit! you stupid *******

Fuck off.

Pro's of a Drumkit:
-Piss of your parents (if your rebelious)
-Lasts forever
-Get good enough and use the earned money to buy the future Xbox 720

Pro's of Xbox 360:
-There will be a game in which you can play drums
-It's really fun for the while it lasts.
-Have to keep buying 70 dollar games.
drumkit, the guys offer might not last long, while their is always gonna be an xbox360 and then a new version of it.
the drumkit will last you longer because video game consoles always oudate quickly.
plus drumkits are timeless fun, you can never complete a drum level

so yeah, go with the drumkit and get the xbox later
drumkit,

Playing videogames will never get you laid. Making sick music will.
Quote by Kemp
drumkit,

ahahah!!

I put my tobacco under my upper lip, just like anyone would do.

Yamaha RGX A2, Fender FM 212R.
Drum kit, you can get farther in life with music than with video games .

Ps. just get the system sometime next year, it'll be tons cheaper.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I had the choice once between a drum kit or a new bike, I chose the bike - a week later it got stolen

get the drums
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by phatsack
I had the choice once between a drum kit or a new bike, I chose the bike - a week later it got stolen

get the drums

Aye, that sucks.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Drum ****ing kit. No doubt. Don't waste your life on a ****ing machine. Get good on drums and you'll be able to start/control a band pretty much since there are very few drummers to find usually.
Music Pwns Video Games!
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
GET THE DRUM KIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'v got loads of mates that are drummers that would kill for a good kit, and as I know it can take ages to get all the cymbals and stuff to get a sound you like. If you play on the kit and like the sound get it. you could save up for an Xbox360 anytime right? where as if you friend wants to sell his kit quickly..... you do the math

Quote by Kemp
drumkit,

plus this guy has a point
Drumkit, no doubt.

A good drumkit is hard to find nowadays, as are good drummers. And for a full cymbal set, I suppose it's worth the buy. That is, assuming that there's at least 4 cymbals in the set.

And if you like the feel of it, get it. I regret never buying a drumset that I liked. Don't make the same mistake I did.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
The Drumkit. Think of it this way.

Your FRIEND is offering you a good deal. How often will this ever happen? Maybe only once.

On the other hand, you could get a 360 now, and pay too much for it, because those prices will start dropping really fast really soon.
Get the drums, bro. The Xbox will be cheaper later, and the "getting laid" comment is valid as well.
ANDRE THE GIANT HAS A POSSE

Peace (sells)
I don't really understand why someone would have to think about this. Sure, videogames are fun but drums are fun AND productive. And nobody ****s with a drummer them foos be karazy.
Nobody ever got mega-famous off an Xbox. Nobody ever learned a valuable skill that would allow them to make tons of money off an Xbox.

Drumsticks > Joysticks 'nuff said.
ok thanks for the advice!! It was a dumb question I know, but we all need our nerdy sides

Yeah I'm gonna go for the kit, its a good deal, and if it pisses up, I can just go and break his new kit. And break him.

BY THE WAY...
you CAN get famous from videogames. You can go on the gaming shows and be shamed in front of the whole world. THATS FAME!
Drumkit and a Nintendo 64
I love neapolitan ice cream, but I HATE VANILA AND STRAWBERRY!

Tremulous Name:
Aaron-[UVache]
Quote by spitfirehicks
exactly! who needs a pussy drumkit!

More famous drummers or more famous gamers?

BTW, Ive never heard of any of those ****ers before.
I love neapolitan ice cream, but I HATE VANILA AND STRAWBERRY!

Tremulous Name:
Aaron-[UVache]
Drums
Quote by Pinballwizard93
you sir, Martinikiss7, should be president.

Jizz is where it is
drumkit, xbox 360's are overrated
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Page 1 of 2