who owns line 6 spider amps? For the money they cost are they good amps?

and what do you think of them?
i absolutely hate everything about them.
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
you know what i do to spiders, wrap them up in kleenex (the ones with aloe vera in them add quite an effect!), and i squash them. if i have no kleenex available, then i scoop em up, put them in my sink, and turn the cold water all the way up with a little listerine. spiders absolutely suck ass, ive heard that the effects arent terrible, but i played both a spider II and III in the store and all of the gain channels sound exactly the same, and its a line6, what more do u need to say?

its almost like when people complain about how their ipods are all ****ed up....ITS ****ING APPLE, WHAT THE **** DO YOU EXPECT!!!
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
In spite of what everybody says, when I tried the Spider in a store, it didn't sound all that bad to me... Go ahead flame me.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Quote by Joey Radical
In spite of what everybody says, when I tried the Spider in a store, it didn't sound all that bad to me... Go ahead flame me.

Actually I tested a Spider amps at my local GC Store and wow! The sound is great. That is if you know how to work the amps. You can almost make your guitar sound anything you like. It has great effects and you can almost make it sound whatever you want the amps to sound.

They make great amps, lots of options and effects you do with it but its not as good as the amps that I currently have right now.
The jerks here telling you they suck are comparing them to high-end ones, and they aren't. If you're only paying a few hundred dollars for an amp, don't expect to get something worth $1500.

I have a 15 watt for practicing. It's good, loud, lots of options, pretty durable. I'd trust it for a small gig.
Good practice amp for playing around with effects and what-not.

I wouldn't use it in any live situation, though.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Good practice amp for playing around with effects and what-not.

I wouldn't use it in any live situation, though.

^^ I agree. Marshall actually has one of the best amps for performance that is if you can afford $2000.00+ for an amp. Their High End Amps (High Cost) are the best around but their cheap end models are not that well compared to other brands.
I would rather go for a Roland Cube 30 or 60, because they sound alot better in my opinion

Vox AD30s or 50's sound pretty good to for alternative music
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

crap, but cheap, so meh.

some of the effects are fun but for any normal playing, no.
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

I bought the Spider II 30 watt, tried it for a bit, thought it was great, then tried the roland cube 30 at the store. The roland cube 30 is alot better, and only 20 bucks more expensive. Just try it, you will see. I ended up returning the spider and buying the roland cube 30!
They're decent for the price. I went for a Vox Valvetronix, but I don't play too much metal. If you do play alot of metal, I'd suggest looking into the Roland Cube.
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

I really liked the Spyder II. I have yet to play a III and cube, so i cant comment on those, but from what ive heard the CFube are excellent.
yeah. line 6 spiders are a great amp for the price if you like to play any type of metal or hardcore music. if not, youre better off getting another one. theyre not exactly renowned for clean/jazz/bluesy type of music.
i've only been pissed off by spiders, they sound way too gainey and i just cannot get good tone out of them
I dont know why people are saying that the ROland Cubes dont have very good cleans, cause i listened to the sound clips/videos of a guy playing, and they sounded pretty damn good to me..meh..i would still take the Cube over a vox over a spider

vox's are good, sound pretty decent for the price, just better for more alternative music and whatnot
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

i just picked up a used line6 sypder II 212 at my local gc... my cousin finally convinced me to get it, becuase he has a flextone II... they are the most versatile amps for the price

i wanted to go another route, like a randall half stack or something, since i really like metal music, but this really stuck out it my mind

"what if one day you decide you wanna be in a blues band? you stick out like a black sheep with a metal amp"

to sum it up, its sounds amamzing considering i only paid $250 for it
My Myspace
My Covers
PLEASE WATCH AND COMMMENT

My Gear

Schecter S1 Elite
Line 6 Sypder II 212
Dunlop DB-01 Dime Crybaby From Hell Wah
BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
I have a spider III.

It can be very loud and its fun to play with. Its good at what it does -- it is strictly a practice amp.

It can be used in a band, but I wouldn't use it for Gigs.

I'm content with it.
Thanks for all yall's help! I ordered one the other day and I'm just waiting for it to come in... hopefully I like it. (I don't see why I woulldn't)