Hello fellow bassists im new here but ive been using this tab site for about a year and a half and finally decided to make an account

anyway i was wondering what notes would you play in a key. like if i was playing in F would i just play Fs and stuff like that
thanks
Quote by thebassdude
like if i was playing in F would i just play Fs and stuff like that
thanks

LOL! You silly bass players...
Quote by WantToLearn
what is poon?
In F major you would play F G A Bb C D E F. The key of F has one flat Bb. The key of Bb has two flats Bb Eb.

Eb- Bb Eb Ab
Ab- Bb Eb Ab Db.
Db- Bb Eb Ab Db Gb
Gb- Bb Eb Ab Db Gb Cb
Cb- Bb Eb Ab Db Gb Cb Fb

G- F#
D- F# C#
A- F# C# G#
E- F# C# G# D#
B- F# C# G# D# A#
F#- F# C# G# D# A# E#
C#- F# C# G# D# A# E# B#

Armed with this knowledge you can form the scale by going from the letter name to the letter name an octave above with those sharps/flats on the proper notes. Then playing those notes. If you want me to explain the theory behind all this I could just say the word.
o okay so depending on the key just play notes from that scale
thanks for clearing that up for me
Learn your scales...that's all I can say
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by musiclover2399
Yup, just use the WWHWWWH interval system to figure out the notes in the key of blank. It's WHWWHWW for minor though.

And yeah of course learn your scales.

can you explain please?
Quote by llanafreak44
can you explain please?

Of course, you see the things I posted are intervals, or the space between notes. A "W" stands for a whole step which is equivalent to moving two frets. While a "H" stands for a half step which is equal to moving one fret. When figuring out a scale you move up the neck.

Something to remember is when you've gone up by five frets, lets say on the E string, it's the same note as playing the higher string open, the A string in this case. Any more questions or a more in depth explanation please feel very free to ask.
I like playing scales like that and throwing in some chromatics, you can get some really badass sounding lines like that.