I just bought an Aerodyne Telecaster from musiciansfriend.com

and on the back, there are two big spaces that look like they are covered with cardboard and plastic wrap type stuff. they are underneath two screws

am I supposed to take those off? they look ugly
I can't be positive without pictures, but I'm guessing it's just something to protect it during shipping.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i'll put some up but all I can use is my cell phone so they won't be of very good quality
Doesn't the areyodrine have a trem? If so, its over the trem cavairty.

Checked: No, its just protecting during shipping.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
without pictures its hard to imagine what you are talking about. especially that you described it as "cardboard and plastic wrap". That cant be part of the guitar unless its one of those $10.00 guitar which I dont know even exist.
well it looks like it's covering something
usually I would just take it off without thinking twice but, the only thing is, I need a screwdriver to take it off, and I just dont understand why I would need to unscrew some screws, just to take off something that was supposed to protect it during shipping.

I'll send pics as soon as I can, butmy phone takes a long time so send them
Quote by treefiddey
well it looks like it's covering something
usually I would just take it off without thinking twice but, the only thing is, I need a screwdriver to take it off, and I just dont understand why I would need to unscrew some screws, just to take off something that was supposed to protect it during shipping.

I'll send pics as soon as I can, butmy phone takes a long time so send them

Okay, on guitars, almost all of them has a slot on the back of it that is covered with a plastic protection (not cardboard) or even metal covering and is secured using screws.

If that thing is secured with a screw, I dont think that was put there for protection during shipping but it might be what I'm talking about.

This is what Im talking about
yes
it wasnt cardboard, although it sure as hell felt like it when the plastic stuff was over it

the wrap was really hard to get off but I got it

thanks
Are we talking about control cavities?

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.