Can anyone here do a front flip? If so can you give me a step by step on how to do one? Thanks in advance.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
1) hold on to your guitar very tightly
2) jump
3) tuck your chin into your chest
4) start rotation
5) recover from knocking the wind out of yourself
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Go on a trampoline, jump up really high, slightly forwards and push your head down and bring your feet up. Land on your feet. Finished.
me too, i try it all the time and land on my back then roll like a turtle unable to right itself

anyadvice would be greatly appreciated
ummm.....on what?

if you do mean with a guitar, simply dont or if you are choosing to ignore this do what he said^

EDIT: god damn 2 posts too slow
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria
Rush-Tom Sawyer, Fly By Night, Limelight
Assorted Original Acoustics

PM if interested
Last edited by bryan j at Jan 5, 2007,
Quote by Punk Rocker
Can anyone here do a front flip? If so can you give me a step by step on how to do one? Thanks in advance.

Awww you changed your avater. And what the other people said.
yeah, practicing on a trampoline would be best
just make sure that you are standing far enough from the edge
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Get a running start, jump as hard as you can. Basically throw your head at the ground and tuck in your legs and chin. Hope to god your face gets around before the ground gets around. Repeat as nessecary.
I'm practicing on a bed. But the goal is to do it on a mat. Maybe off of a wedge mat onto a regular flat mat if needed. And no not with a guitar.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
I can do a front flip and a back flip on a trampoline but after that no promises. All you do is what they said, dip your head forward, tuck your legs up and spin. If you don't make it hope you atleast got to your back.
i can do it on a tramp , and with a tramp bike , but yeh not on the ground . umm .. take a run up, tuck ur head under and flip
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
Quote by The_Bass_Poet
Stand next to a wall,
Make sure you get a run up,
Run at the wall....

You can figure out the rest

1. How do you stand next to a wall and get a run up at the same time.

2. Isn't that a back flip.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
1. How do you stand next to a wall and get a run up at the same time.

2. Isn't that a back flip.

Guess again I think...

TS are you going to try get into some free runnin or parkour or something??
yo.

I BELIEVE
How do you want to do them? From standing, or with a run up? It'd a whole lot easier running.

From standing:

Ok, this is actually very hard to do. You need upper body strength as well so you can get the spinning momentum.

Basically, bring your arms up above your head and swing them towards your knees quickly, try it before any jumping...

Once you get the action, basically you need to jump, and pull up your knees, and grab your shins.

During the flip there's two different positions which you can spin in.

The first is the classic legs together and tucking your head in. But, if you do this method and don't kick out at the end of the flip, you're going to twat your head pretty hard on you knees.

The second is having you knees about your shoulder's distance apart, and tucking your head in. This method allows you to spin a lot quicker, but again, if you don't kick out at the end of your flip, you can give yourself a wiplash injury.

When your back gets to about horizontal against the ground, you need to kick your legs out, to finish off the spin, plus actually land on your feet.

From running:

Basically, it's the same concept as previously, but it's a lot easier.

Get up a good amount of speed, and do a little jump, and then a big jump. This gets you the height you need. Follow the steps from above as well for the actual flip. Be prepared to have to run out of it though at the end, otherwise you'll continue on with the spin plus speed of the run, and faceplant.

Oh, and Don't try this on a hard surface at first, get friends to spot you, and do it on a mat. Otherwise you're bound to hurt yourself.

Good luck, feel free to ask anything else from me if you want.
Last edited by Dobzilla at Jan 6, 2007,
Quote by Dobzilla
How do you want to do them? From standing, or with a run up? It'd a whole lot easier running.

Adds to the pain...either would hurt anyway. I'd just practice in a pool, jumping in it and trying to get my feet in a bit before the water, because I know for a fact that TS is going to chicken out multiple times, the water should make you more willing.
yo.

I BELIEVE
I had no idea how many people were interested in tricking and/or parkour here...
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
I did before my knees started making cracking noises when ever I did any movement, walking included.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Is it just me or is dobzilla the perfect UGer?? he knows everything...
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX

Dobzilla is pretty perfect, his only problem as we found out in 'Dinkydaisy vs. Dobzilla' is that he doesn't have boobs....
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX

Quote by bequickorbedead
Dobzilla is pretty perfect, his only problem as we found out in 'Dinkydaisy vs. Dobzilla' is that he doesn't have boobs....

I like my Dobzilla boobs free....

>_>
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.
I want to learn how to do a backflip. I can do everything on a trampoline, so I think I'd be able to execute it. It's just a matter of getting over the fear, me thinks.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by Dobzilla
^Why do you make everything gay?

... Would you prefer to have boobs, and be a transexual?

>_>

<_<

You're hotter boobs free, my dobby.
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.
Quote by ibaRGnez321
I want to learn how to do a backflip. I can do everything on a trampoline, so I think I'd be able to execute it. It's just a matter of getting over the fear, me thinks.

Personally, I think backflips are a hell of a lot easier than front flips. It is just overcoming that fear of going back though which most people have trouble with.
Trampoline. I can do one on solid ground, but the trampoline helped huge.

I also pracitced handsprings, roundoffs, etc before attempting flips.
...When you decide to wake up..
Quote by Dobzilla
Personally, I think backflips are a hell of a lot easier than front flips. It is just overcoming that fear of going back though which most people have trouble with.

Yeah that's what I heard. I gotta go to a gym that has a springboard mat, try it on there a few times, then try it on a mat. I think then I'll be ready, lol.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
^There's still a bit of difference going from springboard to straight on the ground though.

Go:
1)Trampet
2)springboard
3)Taller object. They usually have them lying about in gyms.
4) Softer flooring.

Then once you get it, I'd recommend practising on soft mats, so you can build up the muscles required. Then you'll be able to do them perfect.
^Gotcha.

I really want to learn how to do the whole speal. I think flips are awesome. I think I'm athletic enough to do them.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
in my opinion at first a run up would be your best bet, but htis is probz one of the most random threads i have seen lol
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
I can !! just do it from a table to practice.. it looks scary but it's realy easy

once you dare the jump.. it's not a problem
I was at one of my friend's band's show. The singer (my friend) is the craziest mofo ever. He can do front flips without any kind of running start, and back flips off of 2 feet ledges. He kicks ass. He does front flips on stage. It was awesome.

From what I've seen, he just jumps and tucks his head down and brings the rest of his body up. Kind of like Sonic the Hedgehog.
Quote by ibaRGnez321
^Gotcha.

I really want to learn how to do the whole speal. I think flips are awesome. I think I'm athletic enough to do them.

It's not a question of athleticism. I'm bulky and awkward and I can manage flips. It's all about knowing what to do, and not flinching at the last second. It sounds weird, but when you're about to actually flip, as you jump, just throw your weight forward, and always tuck your head in.

Oh, and to what someone said about trying it into a pool: http://youtube.com/watch?v=j0vtnElnVkw not a great idea. Do it from something soft onto something soft, if possible, until you know exactly what you're doing.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Quote by noxiosimitator
I can !! just do it from a table to practice.. it looks scary but it's realy easy

once you dare the jump.. it's not a problem

Why did you revive this thread?
I learned them in my garden, which is quite dangerous looking back on it...so try a trampoline or mat first.

The most important thing is to SWING, really swing your arms forward. I thought I was doing it right, but I always landed on my butt. After swinging a bit harder I could land on my feet!

Also, jump up and draw up your knees as high as possibe. Then tilt your head down and curl up into a ball (while swinging those arms).

After that, practise!

If your shins start hurting, stop for a week or 2, it could lead to shin splits....

Forgot to add this, take a running start Be sure not to jump forward because you're running though, use your forward monumenten and turn it into height!
Not only would it disrupt the fabric of time and space, but it would totally ruin the surprise!
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I was at one of my friend's band's show. The singer (my friend) is the craziest mofo ever. He can do front flips without any kind of running start, and back flips off of 2 feet ledges. He kicks ass. He does front flips on stage. It was awesome.

From what I've seen, he just jumps and tucks his head down and brings the rest of his body up. Kind of like Sonic the Hedgehog.

Some people can do it off much higher ledges, but jumping backwards and flipping forwards, or jumping forwards and flipping backwards .

Though I'm too pussy to try, I expect I could probably manage one (just a normal front somersault).
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club