Hello, I've written this to some people in PM, but I'd like it to be an open topic aswell, so here goes;

Recently I've been hunting for a new Amp. First of I thought of the TSL601, then the DSL401, but they're 1,3k USD where I live, and the TSL almost 2k USD. So, I started looking up some used ones, and I accidentely ran into a used full stack JCM800 2205, 50 wattage+ 4x12 Lead cabinet+ 2x 12 cab. All gathered for the price; 1800 USD.
AND, I've also seen a used JCM900 with a 4x12 for 1,5k USD. Which leads to my Question: Which is the better deal for me? I don't really need 2 cabinets with the JCM800 ( do I ? ), just the 4x12- so I could probably get the price down to 1.5k USD for those aswell.
In other words; Which of the two would give me the best amp for the money, considering I can get both for the same price?
Things I play:
I play some Audioslave and basicly that genre, also some punk/rock and alternative. A little rough and classic rock with nice riffs n all. I use gain for sure, but I don't like my tunes to drown totally in it.
my guitar is the ZAkk Wylde signature, Epiphone with emg's n all that shite.
If you fancy giving me upsides and downsides of them both, and ur personal recomendations, that would give me a big hand, really.

cheers,
Jags.
Woah woah, slow down there partner, my eyes are in a blur now, haha.

Really depend on how much money you got and how big your gigs are.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
You don't need a halfstack...even if your playing live. If you wanta save money...Get a JCM800 combo or a JCM900 combo. Plenty on ebay right now.

$1800 for an 800 head and cab is a little steep. 1200-1300 is about right USD. As for the 900...1000 bucks max is what you should pay for a cab and head.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by Jinskee
Woah woah, slow down there partner, my eyes are in a blur now, haha.

Really depend on how much money you got and how big your gigs are.

lol. Well, Better say it all in one post than to get lotsa answers that's out of the question :P Anyway, The gigs arent really huuuuge you know. around 100 I'd guess. And when it comes to the combos, which I looked up, they don't ship to northern europe: ( Only to United States or no shipping at all mostly. Maybe something pops up though, but I have infact been looking there every now and then, but still nothing that is being sendt my direction.
I wrote this post because the price I listed above is by FAAAR cheaper than the original price. You know, I've been looking them up for a while, but the heads costs like 2k USD alone, and when I see an offer like this ( Call it rippoff where you are, but here- this is a cheap as it gets, trust me... Even a AVT100 costs 1000 USD ) I consider a purchase.
My wallet allows 1500 USD I guess, Of course- the cheaper, the better. So better jump on the cheapest before it's gone.
Quote by Jags
lol. Well, Better say it all in one post than to get lotsa answers that's out of the question :P Anyway, The gigs arent really huuuuge you know. around 100 I'd guess. And when it comes to the combos, which I looked up, they don't ship to northern europe: ( Only to United States or no shipping at all mostly. Maybe something pops up though, but I have infact been looking there every now and then, but still nothing that is being sendt my direction.
I wrote this post because the price I listed above is by FAAAR cheaper than the original price. You know, I've been looking them up for a while, but the heads costs like 2k USD alone, and when I see an offer like this ( Call it rippoff where you are, but here- this is a cheap as it gets, trust me... Even a AVT100 costs 1000 USD ) I consider a purchase.
My wallet allows 1500 USD I guess, Of course- the cheaper, the better. So better jump on the cheapest before it's gone.

Your looking in the wrong places.

FIrst off they haven't made JCM800's since 1987 and JCM900's since the mid 90's. The only way your getting one of these killer amps is to buy used. The easiest way to do this is off of ebay.

Those prices you are saying are psycho overpriced. Your guitar store must really want to rip you off or something.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=jcm+800&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=77627&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search

Theres like 30 JCM800 heads and combos...all for under a 1000 bucks just about USD.

Search ebay for "JCM 900" and you'll find 900 heads for aroudn 500 dollars.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
BTW...where do you live?
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
OK, The 800 is worth every penny also its pending on the cab too.
but yeah 800 is better that Dsl/tsl
the problem isn't lack of JCMs on eBay, but theres maybe 1 / 20 that ships to scandinavia, sadly.
And the purchase is private, btw. I just drive and pick it up IF I make the purchase.. If I wore to buy one from a store I'd have to give a whole lot more. Put it this way; JCM's from stores is out of the question, too expensive. And to be perfectly honest, I've never seen the JCM800 / 900 stack so cheap where I live. Basicly I have to pay 30% or more extra compared to what you pay in the UK, USA or wherever. That's my punishment for living here, and I have to deal with it unless I get really lucky on Ebay, but so far- no good. Hehe. I really appreciate the answers, I do. But it's just not that easy for me to get it that cheap. Perhaps I can get 150 bucks off if I make my GF unbutton her pullover or something. lol.
Quote by False_God
OK, The 800 is worth every penny also its pending on the cab too.
but yeah 800 is better that Dsl/tsl

would a 1960 JCM 800 Lead series 4x 12" cab do the trick? or 2x12"? Personally, I have no idea. Luckily you do, lol.
Quote by Jags
would a 1960 JCM 800 Lead series 4x 12" cab do the trick? or 2x12"? Personally, I have no idea. Luckily you do, lol.

That is the best possible cab you can get (IMO) for that amp. Or you can get the 2x12 if you wanta save some green.

Basically that JCM 800...if thats really as cheap as you can get it there...get it. It doesn't matter. This is the kind of amp you overpay for if you have to. Its that good.

Just make sure you got someplace where you can turn it up.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Thanks man. That's what I wanted to hear. Think about it. If I have to give 1100 USD for a crappy AVT100, then that JCM isn't really expensive compared to all the other over priced amps. Still, ye, lotsa money. Sort of an investment I guess. If yer got one, you'r set.
^ yeah the 2205 is almost a JCM900 anyway, was kind of a cross over amp.

And bonchie1 don't mean to be a biatch but they do make and sell new JCM800 2203's albiet reissues but they are new, I think that's what he was looking at.
well i got a jcm2000dsl50 head for 750, and a 1960a cab for 450 so shop around, i got mine at daddys junky music so there shouldnt be too much difficulty trying to find one at that price.