Okay, I've been playing probabally a grand total of about 7 or 8 months. I've been playing songs and such, but haven't ever really got into music theory yet... so I was wondering where should I start. I want to play music like thrash/metal with a mix of neoclassical, if that really matters. And also, could anyone give me any tips on training my ear?

Thanks, all help will be appreciated.
Charles
Best Book Ever. It will train your ear and will help you sight read very easily. Trust me, sight reading will expand your playing abilities and is worth learning. http://www.amazon.com/Solo-Guitar-Playing-Book-Classical/dp/0825694000/sr=8-1/qid=1168050744/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-6807687-0056957?ie=UTF8&s=books
Quote by Draken
that 0/10 was for gonzo slash, i despise him.
N.W.A Is Fucking Up The Program
Co-Leader Of The League Of Toxicity33, Kankuro And Dr. Gonzo Slash
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Gonzo, you're a cool dude.
There's quite a few ear training programs out there, though imo all of them are a waste of time. Simply practicing stuff WILL develop your hearing, and you'll save time that way. This said, if you have 4+ hours a day you devote to guitar, might as well get some specialized ear training software, could use it while resting between proper excercises or something - I just don't see the point in working solely on ear training when you can combine physical practice and the topic in question at the same time, especially if your time is limited.

As for basics of music theory, guitar lessons @ zentao.org are very good, very well structured and in-depths. Give it a try.

edit: it might be zentao.com, not .org ... should be something like, zentao.com/guitar, or zentao.org/guitar - don't remember and can't check at the moment since work sucks. Just google it if you can't find it or whatever.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
It's http://www.zentao.com/guitar/theory/

An excellent resource. Good suggestion ar73m.
Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy GX
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Ibanez RG5ERX1
Fender MIM Telecaster
Fender Acoustic
Fender Supersonic Combo
Boss TU-2 / CS-3 / DD-20 / Vox Satchurator / Hardwire CR-7 / Vox Big Bad Wah / ISP Decimator G-String