My friend needs some advice to help fix his amp. While playing through the amp it begins to grow muddy and start making sudden popping noises. He considering replacing the tubes in it , would that help ? or could it be something else?

any help would be appreciate.
Thanks
we must become the change we want to see.
mine pops sometimes too, but it doesnt change the sound.
1984 MIJ Contemporary Fender Stratocaster
Fender Deluxe 40watt Tube
Boss DS-1
DOD Vintage Phasor
Digitech Bad Monkey
Mine started doing the same thing, and it ended up being the output transformer. Take it to a tech. Does the amp still pop without anything plugged into it? Have you tried plugging the amp into different power outlets? Is there anything in the environment around the house that could possibly be causing the popping? Once you've answered all of these questions with "no", then it's time to take it to a tech.
The first one I bought did that... I just ended up taking it back for a new one, which is fine.
Quote by TwoString
Mine started doing the same thing, and it ended up being the output transformer. Take it to a tech. Does the amp still pop without anything plugged into it? Have you tried plugging the amp into different power outlets? Is there anything in the environment around the house that could possibly be causing the popping? Once you've answered all of these questions with "no", then it's time to take it to a tech.

Im Out of Exile's friend and I It has still popped with nothing plugged in/ It still pops with different power outlets/ Its in a clean smoke free enviorment.

So im guessing I'll have to take it to a tech to see whats the deal..Hopefully it wont be to expensive. But thanks for the help!
Yeah, that's your best bet. Take it now and don't use it until you can take it in for repair. You run the risk of doing the same thing I did...I lived with the noise, and the output transformer ended up blowing or something and took out several relays in the amp, as well as nearly all the caps in it as well.