Page 1 of 2
Am I the only person who, to this day, remains deeply disturbed by this horrifying TV Show? It scared the crap out of me as a kid, but I still get the crap scared out of me thinking about it. I remember how they stole the Steven King thing with the swingsets swinging on their own, and I remember how at the end of the show, the teenagers splashed the water on the fire and it hissed. GOD DAMMIT that show disturbed me. So many repressed memories...

Anyways, this is officially a support group for anyone who has seen an episode of "Are You Afraid Of The Dark". Honestly, I think I need therapy. Every time I think of it, my neck tightens and my back gets sore. It's weird. Is anyone else with me?
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
I just had a really creepy flashback after that..thanks.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
The only episode that scared me was the clown one.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Know what show i loved.
Bump in the night.
Where it had that green slimy guy, anybody else remember that?
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
OMg i LOVED that show. It was the greatest thing from my childhood.
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?
that one with the little girl in the mirror, in the house that's built on a graveyard or something, that one scared me
Whatever happened to Goosebumps? I liked that one a lot better.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Soul Power

"the haunted mask" was one of the best episodes
Quote by Soul Power

I was a a horror junkie as a kid, and for some reason I didn't like the show that much. I was hardcore for the books though.

All the horror shows ripped of the story from the Twilight Zone with the camera that takes pictures of you dieing.
Wonderful show. I miss it dearly..
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
goosebumps wasn't anywhere near as scary though
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
Classic Nick shows...what's happened that station these days?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Yeah, that show ruled. There were a lot of lame episodes though...but heaps of cool ones that were genuinely creepy.

Goosebumps used to kick ass as well, except i only ever saw like 2 episodes of the show. Read heaps of the books though.
My stuff:

ESP EX-50
SX Telecaster Replica
Jade 75 watt amp
15 Watt Mega-amp, lol.
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP50
Quote by Soul Power
The only episode that scared me was the clown one.

Holy shit man, I know. I was afraid of clowns as a child because of it.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
i hated are you afraid of the dark, i was scared for years.
the worst was the begining part with the swings and the attic, that was freaky.
God am i devilishly good looking
Quote by martini4life
I loved Tales of the Crypt!!!!!!

+1
Quote by dogfennell
Whats a "liemthe guy?"
Quote by alex_haeni
Know what show i loved.
Bump in the night.

wow that took me back. I got scared when the green guy appeared. He was bad right?
Yes. I used to thing that there would be a hairy monster in my garage at night when the lights were off. It appeared near a pool or something in the show...but I don't have a pool so apparently the garage is the closest thing... It's still kind of creepy.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
One of the episodes that scared the crap out of me was the one where some kid drowned in the pool at a school, and they come back years later and theres a big gore covered monster in the pool and the only way they can kill it or slow it down is with lots of chlorine or something.
My stuff:

ESP EX-50
SX Telecaster Replica
Jade 75 watt amp
15 Watt Mega-amp, lol.
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP50
Quote by Soul Power

I remember the one where they find that camera that like when you take the photo it doesn't show the thing NOW it shows it in the future and what the thing does to it.

Like they took a photo of the car and in the photo it was wrecked (but it was fine sitting on the driveway) and like the next day the father got into a car crash.

That one scared the SH IT outta me
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?
Fear of the dark, FEAR OF THE DAAAARRKK!! I have constant fear that something's always near! Fear of the dark, FEAR OF THE DAAAAARRRKK!!! I have a phobia that someone's always there!

On topic now, no I'm not really scared of the dark. The only episode of that show I saw was one where there was some guy and his girlfriend swimming in a pool and supposedly some ghost/person that kept disappearing was in there with them and they were getting all freaked out.
Last edited by Turbo_Man at Jan 5, 2007,
Quote by sacchiel13
One of the episodes that scared the crap out of me was the one where some kid drowned in the pool at a school, and they come back years later and theres a big gore covered monster in the pool and the only way they can kill it or slow it down is with lots of chlorine or something.

Yes! That's the one!
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by alex_haeni
Know what show i loved.
Bump in the night.

omfg...YES!

Are You Afraid of the Dark was pretty sweet too.
im still in the Gossebumps days....dude the only thing that scared me about goosebumps was the horrible acting.
Quote by kenny_77
i hated are you afraid of the dark, i was scared for years.
the worst was the begining part with the swings and the attic, that was freaky.

I KNOW!!! That what I was saying. And the soft music with little girls humming in the background AHHHH so damn freaky!!!

I was scarred as a child. I want to file a law suit. Well not really, but that show messed me up. Now I am sexually attracted to swingsets and I don't know why.

Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
Oh god, i remember when the start of the show started i always changed the channel, I was always afraid of the dark as a kid. To this day i still am. Not as bad though if im alone in the dark then i run as fast as i can closing my eyes into the light.
I have a phobia that someone's always there!

OMFG Yes. at the window theres something there staring at you.
Does anyone close there eyes when there in the dark? for me it seems to help but it makes no sense =D
Quote by xDie_Romanticx
i dont remember that show..what years was it on?

1992-2000. Yay for wikipedia.
I remember seing an episode of some show, I'm thinking maybe Bump In the Night because I really don't remember it, where there was an evil teddy bear that hid under the bed with red eyes or something like that. Can someone tell me what show I was watching?

© Soul Power
Quote by fifthhorseman54
I remember the one where they find that camera that like when you take the photo it doesn't show the thing NOW it shows it in the future and what the thing does to it.

Like they took a photo of the car and in the photo it was wrecked (but it was fine sitting on the driveway) and like the next day the father got into a car crash.

That one scared the SH IT outta me

DAMMIT! WHY did you have to bring up that episode. That scared me so badly! I repressed that memory. Thanks a lot.

lol seriously though, that was so damn freaky
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
Quote by Turbo_Man
Fear of the dark, FEAR OF THE DAAAARRKK!! I have constant fear that something's always near! Fear of the dark, FEAR OF THE DAAAAARRRKK!!! I have a phobia that someone's always there!

On topic now, no I'm not really scared of the dark. The only episode of that show I saw was one where there was some guy and his girlfriend swimming in a pool and supposedly some ghost/person that kept disappearing was in there with them and they were getting all freaked out.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=3071251424341160100&q=are+you+afraid+of+the+dark

This it?
I wish I had a sig.

Instrumental preference: Bass and/or vocals (lead or backup)

Quote by Zeppelin256
You're a member of UG.

And you don't want to have buttsecks?

Get the fuck off my internets.
OH, and another one, where this old dude that lived by some lake couldn't go to sleep because when he did all these water zombies would come up from the lake and drag him down into the water, because he stole all this shit from the ship that sank, and the zombies wanted it back.

The first time I saw it, I had a nightmare about it, lol.
My stuff:

ESP EX-50
SX Telecaster Replica
Jade 75 watt amp
15 Watt Mega-amp, lol.
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP50
I think I remember a lot time ago some episode involving clowns..er..not very specific I know...but yeah...
Freaked me out, especially being so young o.o...
Still does. XD
-Wahrheit Lied
I need a sig. :O!
Page 1 of 2