im looking to buy a marshall mode four 350. but can it play clean music. i also play rock and classic rock can it do all those things. i can get one new for about $1600.00 canadian is that a good deal and what cabinet would i use (i like slant fronts)
The Mode Four is pretty much a gimmick... for the money you're better off going with a good tube amp.
PRS Custom 22
Epiphone LP Custom
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T

Fender PT-100 Tuner
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon
Digitech Tone Driver
MXR Phase 100
Ernie Ball VP Jr Volume Pedal

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Road King
'69 Fender Super Bassman
i need somthing i can do a 200-400 person gig with and i got about 5000.00 canadian
For real big gigs you should be mic'ing your amp anyway. What type of music (more specifically than just "clean, rock, classic rock" do you want to play? What types of bands do you want to sound like?
PRS Custom 22
Epiphone LP Custom
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T

Fender PT-100 Tuner
Digitech Tone Driver
MXR Phase 100

'69 Fender Super Bassman
a JCM 800 or 900 would likely do the trick
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Yeah a Marshall JCM800 maybe... those go for around $2000 USD new... which is something like $2300 CAD I believe.
But you'll also want a good overdrive pedal with it, probably.

With a budget that big though... the possibilities are endless.
PRS Custom 22
Epiphone LP Custom
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T

Fender PT-100 Tuner
Digitech Tone Driver
MXR Phase 100

'69 Fender Super Bassman
Trust me, a 100 watt tube amp is extremely loud...

You shouldn't be attempting to play extremely large gigs without mic'ing your amp and running it into the PA anway, to be honest.
PRS Custom 22
Epiphone LP Custom
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T

Fender PT-100 Tuner
Digitech Tone Driver
MXR Phase 100

'69 Fender Super Bassman
Quote by garrett7
what is mic'ing an amp never heard of it

If you don't know what micing is, you really should rethink buying a pair of $2000 guitars and a $1600 amp.
Dickless.
because i hav never heard of it i aint no guitar expert i like playing them and im goin to be getting sum money so i would like to spend it that way and i want some ppls held
lol music shops loooooove guys like you!!!

a JCM800 as mentioned should nail most of those sounds you like, and a 100W tube amp is plenty, like more than enough.
when you mic an amp, you take a microphone and point it toward the amp's speaker and then run that mic into the mixer in the back which controls the mics. your amps sound then comes through the "mains" or the PA system in the venue. virtually every big band in the world mic's their amp. you name the band, they do it. since all amps are mic'ed during gigs, there is no need really to have a very loud amp, because mic'ing it will just make it louder and able to be heard.

also, a 100 watt tube amp is louder than a 350 watt solid state amp. tubes produce harmonics that make the amp seem louder to the human ear.

i really would recommend the jcm 800 or 900 for your music. most of the artists you listed used this amp for their sound.
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
yeah 100 watts tube will cause permanent hearing loss if you crank it for long enough, its painfully loud, and probably almost as loud as the MF350 (with its SS power section) and it sounds a whole lot better.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Id reccomend a JCM800, the JCM900 is aimed for slighty more modern music!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009