Page 1 of 2
musician chicks (more specifically the ones that play guitar, bass or drums) are awesome. it's mainly a dude oriented hobby, just like gaming, and it's awesome to see chicks doing it. just thought i'd throw that in there
Member of the Morley PWB Owners Club. PM mountaindew88 to join.
I want to be the first to throw this out there.... Is this some kind of fetish or....? Just kinda something that belongs in the pit.
The battle cry of our brothern "Down with homework! Up with Miniskirts!" Viva la resistance!
Quote by Niff
musician chicks (more specifically the ones that play guitar, bass or drums) are awesome. it's mainly a dude oriented hobby, just like gaming, and it's awesome to see chicks doing it. just thought i'd throw that in there

Yep, and that's why my gf is in my band class.
Bass is my life.
Im just interested.
Because I dont Personally know any women that play Bass.
Although I know a few that play guitar
~ Please Crit One Of My Songs? ~
~_My_Song_Threads_~

Quote by IndieLee
The_Bass_Poet, I want your babies.
DinkyDaisy!
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
My sister is too. She sucks though...
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
well i know theres one, some girl was talking about using her bass as a vibrator

(view quote)
Quote by Woogles
DinkyDaisy!

Damn it Woogles I've said it once I'll say it again. Your avatar is absolutely bitchin and I don't know why! Also yeah I was gonna say Dinky as well but I'm feeling a bit awkward after the whole happy holidays thread...
Last edited by musiclover2399 at Jan 6, 2007,
Quote by The_Bass_Poet
Im just interested.
Because I dont Personally know any women that play Bass.
Although I know a few that play guitar

really? :s

lol ok

my cousin messes around with my guitar AND bass but she plays keyboard
HAH i remember the one who was having sexual relations with her bass.

yeah i know more girls who prefer bass to guitar. only the butch ones play drums lol :P
me you

if you notice any spelling mistakes, or grammar stuff, its cos i have tourettes syndrome and i cbf correcting it, cos that involves reading it over. so get the F*** over it.
In our school, there are loads of female bassists, most of them just have one to look cool though. There is one serious girl and the rest just have it sit in their room and never play it
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by slash6464
only the butch ones play drums lol :P

You're a retard...

I know someone that plays drums and shes one of the hottest women I know.
~_My_Song_Threads_~

Quote by IndieLee
nothing is as sexy as a female drummer... and in second place a female bassplayer.
I know a few female bassplayers, but they aren't widely spread. One girl asked me to teach her how to play. Might be an interesting thing to do
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
Damn! If a girl asked me for bass lessons I'd definately do it!

Apart from the fact that I dont ave a clue how to teach someone
~_My_Song_Threads_~

Quote by IndieLee
Last edited by The_Bass_Poet at Jan 6, 2007,
The one girl in my school who can actually play bass is the one that i told to go out and buy one, then i taught her
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
The one girl in my school who can actually play bass is the one that i told to go out and buy one, then i taught her

bow-chica-wan-wow! I'm playing it on my bass right now, or at least trying to.
I love the girl from the Zutons who plays the sax. she is sex on legs man.. there are not that many reallt attractive female bass players that i can think of. although i did meet one in december and oh lord o' mercy she was fine
Quote by Applehead
I love the girl from the Zutons who plays the sax. she is sex on legs man.. there are not that many reallt attractive female bass players that i can think of. although i did meet one in december and oh lord o' mercy she was fine

The Girl Bassist from the Subways is hot.
Quote by The_Bass_Poet
Ok,

I just want to find out if there are any female bassists on UG.

And if there are, how many?

I don't know, are you working an affirmative action survey or what? This seems a bit pointless to me somehow...
Quote by Woogles
DinkyDaisy!

I know of several, me, lyrixgirl, that stupid bitch who made up a thread about using it for masturbtion. But it does seem that music is more a guys hobby.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
indie music is dominated by men i would say. classical has a lot of women in it.

dinky you're quite fit for a female bassist. props to you
Quote by kaptink
The Girl Bassist from the Subways is hot.

I forgot about her! I've seen her with blonde(band bio), brunette(live) and red(music video) hair and she looked pretty hot in all 3 variations.
^that's Charlotte Cooper, who is the bassist for the Subways.

Some German group Anna, did this song a way back called "Masonic Youth" which is a paen to female bass players, and mentions the "Kims" (Deal and Gordon) among others. There is also D'arcy from the Smashing Pumpkins..the list goes on. If I ever find the single in the vast record collection, I'll try to post it somewhere.

And yes, I am a "female" bassist and I still think this thread is pretty pointless; its like asking how many native american bass players are out there.
Last edited by anarkee at Jan 6, 2007,
I like to see girl bassists, but I hate to see girl drummers. Most of them just seem too squeemish when they play. It's a generalized statement, but sometimes it's very, very true.

Female or not though, I don't enjoy seeing many bassists who play with picks. A bit off-topic, but it fits.
Quote by Greenday389
I've been wondering that.

About her being a her? Well what did you think when she talks about her husband the drummer whom she likes to kick alot when he starts randomly drumming?

P.S. Anarkee you talk about your husband way too much if I know this fact.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
About her being a her? Well what did you think when she talks about her husband the drummer whom she likes to kick alot when he starts randomly drumming?

P.S. Anarkee you talk about your husband way too much if I know this fact.

I was talking about her native american statement and I was being sarcastic.
Bass is my life.
^LOL. I didn't think my life or posts were that fascinating to be remembered!

Yeah, I've been referred to as a "dude" and / or "guy" a few times on these forums. Its pretty funny...
Am I going to be the first person to mention bassbitch?
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
Quote by Greenday389
I was talking about her native american statement and I was being sarcastic.

Which I am part Yakima, btw. But I think a bit of sarcasm is warranted here. But even if I was Martian, and played kick ass bass (and your answers are NO, and NOT YET), would it really matter?
Quote by anarkee
Which I am part Yakima, btw. But I think a bit of sarcasm is warranted here. But even if I was Martian, and played kick ass bass (and your answers are NO, and NOT YET), would it really matter?

Yes, because some human will tick off the martians and then they'll try to destroy earth......but I guess you would still be kick ass then.

So the answer is no, but being a kick ass bassist is opinion.
Bass is my life.
I'm a chick bassist/guitarist...
Really, I know quite a few of them. It's not a huge hobby, but a lot more girls are getting into it.
alas i listen to mostly metal... the only females present are either really just men in disguise or else sound terrible...

but then there's angela gossow... who's voice couldn't possibly eminating from such a fine body and face...

well i'd tap her
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Page 1 of 2