Alright, so I impulsively thought I wasn't going to like the stock pickups in my MIM strat...aside from the cleans, and I must say I am impressed with them. Though with the earlier mindset, I ordered a hss setup (super distortion-bridge, yjm-mid,hot rails-neck) to replace the sss setup, due to I am going for a classic rock/nwobhm tone with it, and I am really getting attached to the stock sound, at least for the neck. I realize I don't have to switch it out, but with the hot rails, will I lose much bottom end compared to the stock pickup? I can nail hammett's lead tone pretty nicely with my current settings, and the bridge can do maiden rhythm pretty nicely as well, though it has that metally/clangy noise to it when I pick harder.

So I need opinions: all the pups I ordered are still on backorder, so I don't have them readily avaible. With these new pups, will I lose pretty much all the single-coilness I have become accustomed to? I'm pretty addicted to the bridge/mid setting, and I'm sure I'll lose that when installing a humbucker, but meh. And will it sound "better"?
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
My advice. Since they are on backorder, try to cancel the order. One small lesson that I have learned is to always try the pickups before you replace them. Not sarcasm, sincerity.

If you can't cancel the order, you could always buy a cheaper strat copy and put those pups in it. A Squier or an SX... you get my drift.

Good Luck!