ok so ive been in a rut. In the last week or two i have gotten really angry with playing guitar and when i pick it up ive got know idea what to do. i dont know what songs to learn or what exercises to practise, so basicly i need some help how can i get back into guitar?
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
Quote by davo_333
ok so ive been in a rut. In the last week or two i have gotten really angry with playing guitar and when i pick it up ive got know idea what to do. i dont know what songs to learn or what exercises to practise, so basicly i need some help how can i get back into guitar?

find a song you like, and dedicate your time to learning it. Try learning new songs that are different genres whether you like the genre or not. This way, you can learn a lot of new chords since and that will help you get better later on.
Learn theory, try diffrent music. Try just sitting there and making the most ****ed, werid, odd, screwed up sound you can. IT worked for tom morello.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
try and play another type of music like i had that problem then i learned some acoustic then i got bored of that then i am learning the blues at the moment
i would say that you should learn songs that you love that are easy. Everybody loves the chili peppers. Learn some of their songs. Learning songs and playing with a cd makes guitar enjoyable again. When im bored, I often turn on californication and play through the whole cd. So try an easy cd to play.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Do what I did, set yourself a goal. I've been trying to practice seriously for at least an hour each day, not an unattainable goal. I practice scales, 1-2-3-4 exercises, timing, speed, etc.

Once you set a goal to improve yourself as a guitar player, you'd be surprised at how easy it is to stick to it. That first couple of jam sessions you have where you end up busting some solo you never thought you were capable of, or making up some impossible, mind-blowing riff will just feel awesome.