Ok, I'd like to start a topic about probably my favorite band- Helloween.

This will be for discussing anything Helloween related, such as member side projects, previous and past members, future projects the band is planning, and anything else to come to mind.

Also, feel free to discuss any other Power Metal band here as well, and things such as similarities and differences between Helloween and any others.

In my opinion, Weikath has got to be one of the best guitarists out there. He took a Power Metal song (Judas Priest's "Electric Eye"), and put a heavier, faster spin on it in the same genre. This in and of itself is a phenomenal feat.
Helloween are pretty gay.

... well actually I haven't heard much.
I've found Jesus
Listen to either of the "Keeper Of The 7 Keys" albums, or the extended version of "The Time of The Oath".

The key tracks (IMO) on The Time of the Oath are as follows:

We Burn
Steel Tormentor (probably the best one on the album)
Wake Up The Mountain
Power
The Time of The Oath
Anything My Mama Don't Like
Electric Eye
Rain

And I do believe that was a flame you posted.
Helloween owns.

Favorite song by them: Silent Rain.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
I actually like the keeper of the 7 keys. I used to listen to them alot in like 5th grade, and well, power metal in general. I kinda went away from it though I still like Blind Guardian and Sonata Arctica
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Helloween were amazing in the period of The keeper of the seven keys 2 with mikael kiske.
Everything else is meh.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Helloween are decent. Keeper of the Seven Keys parts 1 and 2 are the only albums I liked.

Other than that, it's meh.

Anyways, not big on power metal, seeing as most of it's that great, but I do see myself listening to a lot of Blind Guardian and recently, Essence of Sorrow.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Walls of Jericho is their best, simply for having Kai on vocals, and because Heavy Metal is the Law is the best song to sing along to drunk ever.
The first two Keeper... albums are excellent as well.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Last edited by chylde_of_fire at Jan 6, 2007,
They sucked on Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon, seeing as how they were trying to conform to the then current wave of pop metal groups coming out of the woodwork, but on Time of The Oath, they went back to their original style and stuck to it throughout the album, and just kick absolute ass on it.
Eagly Fly Free kicks ass.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
I have the first Keeper of The 7 Keys album and I love it! I also suggest Blind Guardian!
The Kingdom of Salvation is lost
and I am left in the holocaust
Of deceit and lies
people say while looking in my eyes
Maybe they lie to fill the hole
left by the vacancy of their souls
For a man can only lie
after his soul has died.
Quote by Helloween_rox
They sucked on Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon, seeing as how they were trying to conform to the then current wave of pop metal groups coming out of the woodwork, but on Time of The Oath, they went back to their original style and stuck to it throughout the album, and just kick absolute ass on it.

you are acting like "time of the oath" is the only album that ruled after kofsk period.

In my opinion rabbit don't come easy and the legacy are far better than time of the oath. I love new helloween. I don't like kai's vocals (in the old days, gamma ray is great). And Kiske's vocals are legendary. But Derris suits me best.

Weimath isn't that great of a guitarist and he didn't invent the genre or whatever you proclaim by that electric eye statement.

Michael Kiske's solo album are kinda lame, although his vocals on metal albums like avantasia kick ass. And THE THIRD AVANTASIA IS COMING! WOOOOOOT! I'd love to hear kiske sing metal again! Also, kiske is recording an acoustic album with helloween songs!

Anyway, they are my favourite band.

Other powermetal acts I like are: sonata arctica, kamelot (kahn vocals are the best powermetal has to offer), blind guardian, gamma ray and so many others