I have a fender twin....the cleans are incredible but i need some balls....what would suggest?....which pedal would you choose to get that throaty sound....i mean the fender is great but I don't want to sacrifice the cleans and get an amp with good gain,....The most gain i need is to accomplish Alice In Chains type music.........let me know guys
I suppose if you wanted Marshall Distortion you could try buying a Marshall Distortion/OD pedal?
If you could get Marshall distortion from a pedal people wouldn't buy Marshalls.

EDIT: with that said, I've heard a clip of a Keeley modded RAT that came pretty close.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
yea... haha
the probably the guv'nor plus or the jackhammer pedal
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
A)Change the preamp
B)Change the poweramp

Then youll be on your way!
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by xifr
If you could get Marshall distortion from a pedal people wouldn't buy Marshalls.

EDIT: with that said, I've heard a clip of a Keeley modded RAT that came pretty close.

Well, I havn't ever played a proper Marshall head or anything...
Just thought that the Marshall Pedals would logically be the closest thing to a Marshall Amp
^I agree. That will get you close.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I play a fender amp live, and what i normally do is set my lead channel drive to like 9-10, with a low volume mic'd through the P.A and i get a pretty decent crunch. There isn't much else you can do without pedals really.
Buy a Marshall amp and use ur fender as a stool to sit and play on.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Quote by Nor'Easterbass

+1
You'll need a pretty amazing pedal to do it. A tonebone pedal may be what you need. Also, some of the new vox tube pedals could probably do it. I tried the big ben overdrive, and it was ballsy!
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

If your on a tight budget, a Pro Co Rat may be worth a look. If not then something high end like a Zvex or one of those Vox tube pedals.
The obligatory gear list: Gibson SG standard,Maverick F-1,Epiphone Sheraton,'68 reissuse Jap Strat, Orange Rocker 30 and various pedals.
Electro Harmonix Users Guild #30
Quote by Nor'Easterbass

...Wow, I won't even dignify that with a response.

I'd much rather have the American sound of the Twin then the higher British distortion of the Marshall. However, you can change the tubes to get a British sound. This is probably your best bet right here.

http://www.thdelectronics.com/products/yellow_jacket.htm
The Zvex seems like a great idea, listened to clips and it sounded awesome!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
groovetubes might get u a bit closer to that dirter sound. that and ive heard good things about using tubescreamers with fender amps
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
A)Change the preamp
B)Change the poweramp

Then youll be on your way!

so pretty much replacing your amp would do fine
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Carl Martin Plexi-Tone.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I had the same question. A Dealer at a guitar store told me that woul would increase the gain by putting some 12Ax7's in.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Dont you already have 12AX7's in it, if you have 12AT7's, then yeah, the AX's would give you more gain, or you could try some EL84's in THD yellow jackets for the power section, but going through all of that is kind of silly when a Box of Rock from Zvex can do just what you want.
the HBE big D is pretty rockin', too, it's definitely worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Gabel
The Zvex seems like a great idea, listened to clips and it sounded awesome!

But the problem with it, is that they played it through a Marshall, and that obviously helped.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
^Yeah true, ive got to lsiten to the Aduio demo (which they play through enders, atleast the lead parts!)
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009