-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Neither. IMO, they are both pretty bad. The Frontman has semi-good cleans and crap distortion, although i suppose that could be fixed with a good distortion pedal. The Transtubes, I have found, have way too much bass that just doesn't go away. Other than that, the Transtubes aren't actually all that bad.
Perhaps try a Randall. Like this one. I think there's also a 50 watt version for $300.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
Neither. IMO, they are both pretty bad. The Frontman has semi-good cleans and crap distortion, although i suppose that could be fixed with a good distortion pedal. The Transtubes, I have found, have way too much bass that just doesn't go away. Other than that, the Transtubes aren't actually all that bad.
Perhaps try a Randall. Like this one. I think there's also a 50 watt version for $300.

I heard pretty bad stuff about that one.
Quote by Ibzman
None, buy a 6505.

Do you have any idea how much those are?
Well since i use a transtube i should know.....

Transtube cleans are FAR to bassy. even with my settings: B2, M5, T9. Although, for the cleans i need, that bass does sort of come in handy. It adds a new dimension to the sound i guess. Transtube distortion, however, is shit. Honest to god. I never use the distortion on it. First of, to get a metal tone, you need at least the thrash channel on, but IMO even thats not very thrashy. So why not use the gain channel? WAY to much ****ing hiss and far too much treble through it, even with the treble down low.

I have no idea about the fender, so i can't comment.

IMO, to get a decent distortion from a transtube, use a Distortion. I use a Ds-2, and it sounds wonderful. The cleans on it are a matter of personally choice.
if you look hard enough you might be able to find a 5150 combo on ebay for abotu 500

So thats about 200 above your budget. Try looking for a peavey ultra combo on ebay too, they come up every so often and normally go for 300 ish
Quote by kaplac
if you look hard enough you might be able to find a 5150 combo on ebay for abotu 500

So thats about 200 above your budget. Try looking for a peavey ultra combo on ebay too, they come up every so often and normally go for 300 ish

A 5150 would cost a lot to ship though.