My Boss DS-1 isn't really doing it for me, it was fine but now the pedal can't get good classic rock tones, with my Vox ad30vt and Epi Les Paul.

So I want to replace it, I read that the Bad Monkeys were really good for the price, my store has a few used ones for around $25. I know it won't be great but i'm in the process of saving up for tubes so I want to keep the budget low.

So is the Bad Monkey a good replacement for a DS-1? Or will the sound still be bad.
Would an OD work well with my amp to get better Classic Rock sounds?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I would think that the DS-1 would have a heavier sound than the Monkey pedal.
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
no have up for a TS9 or something along the lines liek a blues driver or blue box
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
well your best bet if you saving for a tube amp is to get a OD pedal. But if your really desperate for one now, go to your guitar store and try an OD pedal on a Vox amp (if possible).

And personally i wouldn't go for the bad monkey, but thats just me. Good luck amigo
My freind has a Bad monkey. He loves it and im jealous of the tone e gets outta it. I have a ds-1 and yeah its kinda lame. im beyond impressed with the value of the bad monkey
My opinion is that if you can't find a good classic rock tone on a Vox AS(anything)VT, you just need to play with your dials more. If you need something to stomp on, get the $24 footswitch, and you have 2 channelse to swap between with no batteries or patch cables or power supplys to fiddle with. Give the AC30 amp model a good workout (especially with gain and volume knobs) and see if that dosn't help out.

Regardless, Bad Monkeys are pretty kewl.
The DS-1 just lacks a certian smooth drive, I figure an OD would do that better. Once I get my tube amp it will be fine. But i'm looking for something cheap to hold me up till then.

I like Pink Floyd and Zeppelin type sounds if that helps.

Thanks for the advice so far. Fell free to post anything else, any suggestions or advice is appreciated.

I have an ad30 ^^ I like the sounds from it, but my footswtich only works with the settings and not the presets, like UK 70's and such so I can't use those.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows