Does anyone know what the Rise Against bassist uses to get his sound in the songs: Like the Angel and Blood-Red, White and Blue. Does he use a certain amount of disortion? what are his bass, mid, and treble frequencys like? what is his setup? and most importantely does anyone know how to duplicate his sound using a Behringer Ultrabass BXL900A? please answer!
Let's see. Rise Against is punk, so... more mids and treble, a little bit of bass, all while using a pick. Maybe a bit of overdrive too.
Idk, the tones from the beginning of "Like an Angel" sound a lot like fingerstyle. and yeah, like charlatan said, its a lot of mids and such, and I dont think any distortion because it sounds more on the clean end than anything else.
as for his rig, and such, idk, google it. also for ur, amp, i'm not familiar with Behringers, so i guess ur on your own there.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
I'm pretty sure in Like the Angel he finger picks it, I finger pick it and it sounds pretty similar. Anything els eI can't help you with, sorry mate.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I think he uses a fender jazz bass, i might be wrong though
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I think i figured it out. he uses a little distortion and slaps the bass. that is how it is so snappy sounding. in the chorus of like the angel i think he finger picks it though and slaps the verses. yay