pumpkins_rule
UG's Rap crusader
1,404 IQ
Amazing band from Quebec, the only french band I listen too. I just downloaded their newest album and to my surprise, the second song is the same one used in a Rogers Wireless commercial Anyway, if you can take the french vocals, check em out. They were shortlisted for the Polaris prize.

Official Website

Myspace

Video for Montreal -40 degrees C (Amazingly catchy song)
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

sponj
UG Monkey
1,243 IQ
oh my god.
this band is awesome dude! I'm probably gonna go shoping today and I'm gonna get this record.

the heart is a risky fuel to burn
2xG
Live it.
392 IQ
I made a thread about them last year, but it didn't get much attention. Mind you, I don't think Trompe l'Oeil had been released outside of Quebec yet.

Great band that deserves a lot more recognition. Their album was one of my favourites from last year. Their debut, Le Compte Complet, is worth getting too, but I don't like it as much.

Saw them live in september. If you get the chance, go see them. One of the best live shows I've ever seen.

Oh, if Malajube's your only french band, I'd recommend you check out Harmonium. They're well worth your time, and Malajube borrows a lot from them. Here are two songs :

Dixie : http://www.passthecat.racknine.net/Canrock/04%20Dixie.mp3
En pleine Face : http://www.passthecat.racknine.net/Canrock/01%20Vert.mp3

Their second album, Si on avait besion d'une cinquieme saison, is easily their best, and one of my favourite albums ever. You should really check out that one. Their albums are on demonoid, if you use bittorrent.

Anyways, if you're wondering, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404975
Last edited by 2xG at Jan 6, 2007,
trev_smith12
UG Unknown
202 IQ
Trompe-L'oeil is pretty solid. One of my favourites from 2006.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
uhh_me?
schmendrick.
3,608 IQ
quite catchy...maybe it will be a good reintroduction to the french language for me
sponj
UG Monkey
1,243 IQ
I just ordered trompe-l'oiel
2xG
Live it.
392 IQ
Quote by Aka55
Harmonium doesn't sound anything like malajube...

My dad listens to harmonium.

The vocals have certain similarities. But you're right, their general sounds are quite different. I just wanted to use the opportunity to promote one of my favourite bands, really .

Your dad is cool.
Fender F-25 / Yamaha Pacifica 112 / Cort MR-710F 12-string
Last.fm
Last edited by 2xG at Jan 7, 2007,
lo fi nights
last night in town
379 IQ
i liked tromp leoil alot when it came out i will have to start listening to it again
sponj
UG Monkey
1,243 IQ
they're great \o\
Godzilla1969
UG's Pretentious Asshole
546 IQ
I have their newest album (can't be bothered to try and spell it right) and I really enjoy it. I hear a bit of the Arcade Fire and Modest Mouse in them, but in French, of course.