2.5 weeks ago, I ordered in a Jackson Randy Rhoads USA Select Series from America, it arrived at the store this morning so i went to go pick it up...

As you should ALWAYS do when buying an instrument, I inspected the guitar, hardware etc. to make sure it was satisfactory, and considering the amount I had invested in this guitar, I was certain it was going to be - not so!

The bottom corner of the guitar was missing it's paint, not only this, the idiots at Jackson decided to lacquer over it anyway, so the edge of the corner, and about 1 cm of the back had no paint on it, while the rest of the guitar was black!

Because I live in Australia, the stupid thing has to be SHIPPED BACK TO AMERICA! before they'll accept it under warranty as a manufacturers error. And then maybe sometime in a month ill finally be able to play my guitar.

NOT HAPPY JACKSON (Fender).

So, have you ever bought an instrument (doesn't have to be a guitar) that wasn't quite right in some way?

Will they be able to resurface the guitar for me, or will they have to send me a new one?
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
I bought my guitar and I was taking off the neck yesterday and one of the bolts was broken inside so I could only unscrew some of the screw and not the whole thing so I won't be able to take my neck off.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Vanquish
I bought my guitar and I was taking off the neck yesterday and one of the bolts was broken inside so I could only unscrew some of the screw and not the whole thing so I won't be able to take my neck off.

Quoted from the mimf.com minifaq:

Q. The ^$@&# who built the guitar I'm working on now didn't do that, and the screw head broke off. How do I get the screw out?
A. Happens all the time, unfortunately, and because it does we can present you with a list of things to try.
First, if none of the threaded part of the screw is biting into the body, as recommended above, you should just be able to lift the neck off once the other screws are out, then get the broken screw out with vice-grips. Otherwise:
1) Use a little dremel tool to cut a new slot in what's left of the screw and use your new slot to screw it out. We have the most reports of success with this method.
2) Use a screw extractor (Easy-Out is one brand name). Drill a hole into the top of the screw, screw in the extractor, and keep turning it because it's threaded the opposite direction of the screw and that'll get it out. Some people have made things worse this way, however, so be careful not to break the screw extractor off inside the screw. The screw extractor is much harder than the screw, and is difficult to drill out.
3) Drill a very small hole right next to the screw, and wiggle it out with a pair of needle-nose pliers or needle-nose vice-grips.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by JDawg4098
damn illegal hispanics over here screw everyone over dont they?

pinche joto
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.