I believe that this will be the guitar that I FINALLY start saving up for. It has all the features - satin neck (right?), edge pro trem, 2 humbuckers, neck through, and it is very high quality (or so it seems...). Anyways, I like shred and metal for it, basically, but would the ash or mahogany sound better? Ash seems to be a little brighter than alder, which my fender is probably as bright as I would like it, so I'm thinking I should go with mahogany BUT I don't think it would cut through as well for leads if I go off the tone for my les paul. By the way, it's for lead. And I'd probably switch out the pups for 2 BK miracle man humbuckers.

I know someone will say "save your money and buy an rg1570 w/ new pups," but the thing is I want a high-quality (not saying the 1570 isn't) guitar that looks and feels great. I really don't want to compromise, and it seems the jackson sl-1 neck might be too thick, the esp m-II is a bolt-on (unless I spend an asston more for nt), and anything else really wouldn't be made for what I need it for. Plus I have that dreaded "disease" where I plan on getting an awesome guitar, but become impatient and settle for something sooner, but not this time, lol (I hope).

So please, someone give me their opinions on this guitar...I live quite a ways from anywhere that would have one, and it's gonna be at least 6 months before I can afford it. Unless I get a 20th anniversary 550 (fat chance).

PS - I love parentheses.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Last edited by lespaulrocks39 at Jan 6, 2007,
I heard lots from people on here that the edge II sucks, but your gonna have to check that out cuz i havent played one. I like RGs though, they look nice, great features.
It actually has the edge pro, the best tremolo they currently offer...
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.